DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/)
-   -   scene file editor (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/69668-scene-file-editor.html)

Robert Schaller June 16th, 2006 10:41 AM

scene file editor

Any programmers out there who have written/can write a scene file editor that will run on a mac? It would be very useful to be able to see and change all the settings at once, then upload them to the camera.

Mark Silva June 16th, 2006 11:01 AM

Is there a pc version?

That would be nice and a great time saver.

Robert Schaller June 16th, 2006 12:07 PM

scene file spec

Along with posing the question, I am trying to figure out how to do it, because, indeed, it would be very useful. Mind, it's a bit over my head! Hopefully, someone here will say, sure, it's at this URL...

Meanwhile, the first issue is, does anyone know the structure of the scene file that the camera recognizes? It is, of course, compressed, and does not read as ASCII. It would be easier to parse if someone could say how it is set up.

Knowing that, it seems not too hard to write a php ap that would run in a browser, on any platform, whether pc or mac.

Tim Dashwood June 17th, 2006 04:38 AM

I've attempted to open a scene file in a text editor and nothing in it makes sense to me. The format seems to be very proprietary, so I would imagine it would take a software engineer from JVC to write an app for MAC or PC.
Something like that would be awesome though. Nikon's Capture app has a curve editor that shows a sample of the effects of the curve on a stock photo as you change the parameters. This would be a very cool function to have in any potential JVC scene file software.

K. Forman June 17th, 2006 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim Dashwood
I've attempted to open a scene file in a text editor and nothing in it makes sense to me. The format seems to be very proprietary, so I would imagine it would take a software engineer from JVC to write an app for MAC or PC.
Something like that would be awesome though. Nikon's Capture app has a curve editor that shows a sample of the effects of the curve on a stock photo as you change the parameters. This would be a very cool function to have in any potential JVC scene file software.

I have plenty of booze, and a nice little cudgel... Anybody want to shanghai a JVC geek?

Robert Schaller June 17th, 2006 03:03 PM

Quote:

I think, at least for a basic editor for the parameters as they exist in the camera (ie, as text), if one could get the structure of the file from JVC, it would not be too hard to write an application that would run on either platform. It's getting that information that's key. I'm hoping that someone out there has it. Or, short of booze and kidnapping (I'll leave that to others!), is there any way to get this info from JVC? Any contacts for this sort of thing there? My computer advisor said "just look for the binary bytecounts and struct headers for the data in the file" in the manual or on their website -- ha!

Quote:

I wasn't even thinking of anything that advanced -- that could be very nice, but a lot more programming. For starters, I'd settle for a text system that at least put all the parameters on one page.

Robert Schaller June 24th, 2006 10:53 PM

If no one on the list knows the file structure of the scene file, can anyone suggest who to ask who might know? Are there any technical connections at JVC? I'm just an outsider in the wilderness, so I don't know where else to ask. It wouldn't be any work for them, nor am I looking to make money on it, and I think that many HD100 users would find it helpful.

Any ideas on how to get this information?