DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/)
-   -   Australian 50/60s Rock"n"Roll festival (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/70071-australian-50-60s-rock-n-roll-festival.html)

Robert Bale June 22nd, 2006 11:16 PM

Australian 50/60s Rock"n"Roll festival

Hello people,

I am working on my first Big DVD Doco,

I am open to coments,and any more idears, this is going to be the Demo,

We shot it in NTSC on the JVC HD100, so i hope a hot rod club over in USA will buy it as well,

[

you will need QT7 and the file is 11.7mb.

Joel Aaron June 22nd, 2006 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert Bale

I'm getting a user/password request when I try to access it.

Robert Bale June 22nd, 2006 11:29 PM

give it about 10 min i am re uploading it with out password.

Andrew Farrell June 22nd, 2006 11:43 PM

You might want to fix the spelling of you link in your footer. I tried clicking it only to be told that it doesn't exist until I noticed "production" is spelt incorrectly.

Robert Bale June 22nd, 2006 11:47 PM

Fixed.

Thanks Andrew

Robert Bale June 23rd, 2006 03:40 AM

Is any one going to give some feed back??

Joel Aaron June 23rd, 2006 02:06 PM

Quote:

Is any one going to give some feed back??

I thought it was fun. I don't really shoot this kind of thing. With that grain of salt:

I like the first shot but the opening motion graphics were a little weak. Where the 2006 fades to white I'd try going to the video of the whitewall tire that opens the spot and exploding the other two graphics off the screen to coincide with the tilt/zoom out there.

A little motion smoothing on the car to car shots might be nice.

The first drum roll edit was really cool, would have liked some more of that interspersed to keep the pace up... there were a few other opportunities for that.

The Yellow convertible night shot seemed overly warm. It would be nice if you could color correct for the car and see if that helped the rest of the image. Compare the color temperature of that shot to the shot of the white car with red flames a few seconds later. Two different color temps, but they are both the same night. That cuts a little weird.

The wide shot of all the people learning to dance might work better if was a longer clip speeded up. Fast song, slow dancing... felt weird. Loved the two guitar players... a slightly longer clip of that might be nice.

Well there ya go - next time be more careful what you ask for. ;-)

Robert Bale June 24th, 2006 02:16 AM

Thanks joel,

I have made a few changes,

will uploads the new clip later on tonight

thanks for the coments,

Robert Bale June 24th, 2006 05:01 AM

updated demo

Quote:

Hello people,

I am working on my first Big DVD Doco,

I am open to coments,and any more idears, this is going to be the Demo,

We shot it in NTSC on the JVC HD100, so i hope a hot rod club over in USA will buy it as well,

new file www.rpbproductions.com/uploads/intro.mov

you will need QT7 and the file is 11.7mb.

Fixed up demo
also dropped file size to 5 mb

Joel Aaron June 24th, 2006 12:00 PM

Quote:

Fixed up demo
also dropped file size to 5 mb

Kewl Daddy-O... I liked that much better. You replaced the more boring footage with better stuff and added that 2nd drum roll edit among other things that all helped. You might want to add a couple more short drum fill edits. For instance, go to the 1:00 point and listen for the 4 quick snares.

Pay attention to the snares and try to cut on them when you can. Snap your fingers to the music and watch while you're snapping along. Some of your cuts in the beginning - like the aircraft - are right on beat. Do they feel better than the cuts that miss the beat?

One way to attack this kind of thing is lay down markers on the beat by tapping the marker key when you listen. Once they are right it's REALLY easy to move cuts to the right spot. Typical music video technique there.

Better opening graphic, that works much better.

Nice and fun I think. If you're doing this for the attendees I think they'll be thrilled.

Robert Bale June 24th, 2006 05:54 PM

Thanks joel,

i will have a look at the cuts,

I have lots of fun with it.

rob.

I will let you know when i make some changes.