Time Lapse with HD100 into a PC at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old June 23rd, 2006, 11:10 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Time Lapse with HD100 into a PC

Does anyone know how to use the HD100 to shoot timelapse images that can be recorded, or at least edited, on a PC? The Mac users have iStopMotion from Boinx. Anything like that for PC? I'm searching for software.
Stephen Knapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2006, 01:24 PM   #2
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Knapp
Does anyone know how to use the HD100 to shoot timelapse images that can be recorded, or at least edited, on a PC? The Mac users have iStopMotion from Boinx. Anything like that for PC? I'm searching for software.
Here's one - not sure if it controls HDV:
http://www.stopmotionpro.com/pros_1.htm
Joel Aaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2006, 04:28 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel Aaron
Here's one - not sure if it controls HDV:
http://www.stopmotionpro.com/pros_1.htm

The site says it works for HD, at $595, but does not say which cameras it can "recognize." That compares with $285 for the SD version. Since they don't mention HDV as a separate category, I assume its in there with HD. It seems a little steep for a guy who just wants to do some occasional time lapse, but if its the only show in town....

Thanks for the reply and the link.
Stephen Knapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2006, 02:53 PM   #4
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Knapp
The site says it works for HD, at $595, but does not say which cameras it can "recognize." That compares with $285 for the SD version. Since they don't mention HDV as a separate category, I assume its in there with HD. It seems a little steep for a guy who just wants to do some occasional time lapse, but if its the only show in town....

Thanks for the reply and the link.
I think if you google around for a while you might find cheaper alternatives. Of course digital still cameras are a really good way to go for time lapse work. High quality, low cost, batteries last a long time. That's worth testing.
Joel Aaron is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems