DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/)
-   -   Lanc? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/70138-lanc.html)

Craig Terott June 24th, 2006 03:38 AM

Lanc?

Does this cam (HD100) have a lanc input?

Thanks-

Shawn Kessler June 24th, 2006 03:41 AM

lank hd 100

nope sure doesnt

Earl Thurston June 24th, 2006 09:42 AM

Instead of LANC, the Fujinon lens features an 8-pin, pro-standard remote connector. This allows control over camera record function and zoom. Focus needs a separate, mechanical controller that interfaces with the lens barrel.

Chris Hurd June 24th, 2006 10:22 AM

Earl beat me to the description; the professional 8-pin interface is a much better way to go than LANC anyway. In short, LANC is not needed on this camera.

Craig Terott June 25th, 2006 08:33 AM

Occassionally I slow pan & slow zoom (as slow as humanly possible) while on a tripod. It's necessary for my style. I could still pull it off if there is no need to adjust focus for the particular shot but in event videography there are often unpredictable movents by subjects.

Marc Colemont June 25th, 2006 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Craig Terott
Occassionally I slow pan & slow zoom (as slow as humanly possible) while on a tripod. It's necessary for my style. I could still pull it off if there is no need to adjust focus for the particular shot but in event videography there are often unpredictable movents by subjects.

Craig extreme slow zooms are much better with a tripod lens pro-remote then Lanc could ever do. And the prices start around Lanc remotes. I got one for 250 Euro which works perfect.

Drew Curran June 26th, 2006 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marc Colemont
Craig extreme slow zooms are much better with a tripod lens pro-remote then Lanc could ever do. And the prices start around Lanc remotes. I got one for 250 Euro which works perfect.

Marc
What model do you use?

Drew

K. Forman June 26th, 2006 10:27 AM

Marc- Does that do both zoom and focus?

Chris Hurd June 26th, 2006 10:51 AM

The 8-pin lens connection is for zoom and record start only. Focus is a separate controller.

K. Forman June 26th, 2006 11:19 AM

I still think I used a focus w/zoom controller on a JVC a few years back. Problem is, I am getting to that age where it's getting really hard to tell what was real, and what was figment.

Carl Hicks June 26th, 2006 11:25 AM

Zoom & Focus Controls

All,

Here are the part numbers for the lens controls, assuming you are using the standard 16X lens:

Zoom Control - HZ-ZS13U
Focus Control - HZ-FM500

These are JVC items, available through authorized JVC Pro resellers.

Regards, Carl

Craig Terott June 26th, 2006 01:33 PM

Thank you all-

Stephan Ahonen June 26th, 2006 10:06 PM

The remote focus control is rather like a cine follow focus, only with a cable so it can be mounted on a tripod arm instead of on the lens itself.

Jonathan Nelson June 27th, 2006 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephan Ahonen
The remote focus control is rather like a cine follow focus, only with a cable so it can be mounted on a tripod arm instead of on the lens itself.

That thing is awsome! I wish I had the 800 dollars to buy it.