Training DVD at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old June 25th, 2006, 01:31 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Training DVD

Hi

Does anyone know of any good training DVD's on the HD100? I am looking for something that really helps with why you would use certain functions as well as what they are etc.

Also any general dvd's teaching about general filming?

Thanks

Trevor
Trevor Allin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2006, 01:33 AM   #2
Major Player

I think one of the major players on this site actually does that, im sure he will reply to this shortly
Giuseppe Pugliese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2006, 02:18 AM   #3
Major Player

Trevor, if you wanna know how the camera works-what each and every button does, and their functions, then get "JVC gy hd100 Made Easy" by Elite Video. It really helped me understand everything. It should actually be called "the gy-hd100 instructional video for dummies"...lol

Last edited by Jaadgy Akanni; June 25th, 2006 at 02:34 PM.
Jaadgy Akanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2006, 08:59 AM   #4
2nd Unit TV

It's not a video but Steve Mullen has the difinitive guide http://www.mindspring.com/~d-v-c/ to the camera and we'll be working with him to excerpt portions to video of that book for "2nd-Unit.tv" in the coming weeks. While some may say it's too in-depth, the vast majority of serious filmmakers don't believe such a thing, too much information, is possible in anything. It not only addresses the camera but the theories behind what it does which is very important in getting what's in your mind's eye out and on to the screen.
Jonathan Ames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2006, 10:23 PM   #5
Regular Crew

check the training list in the HD100 Wiki

List of Training Media
Old June 25th, 2006, 11:08 PM   #6
2nd Unit TV

There's another DVD series by Rush called Digital Cinema that can be found at www.digitalcinemacourse.com. I haven't seen the whole thing yet but I know Rush and I'd be very surprised if it wasn't top-notch...and I get a very small part in it!!!

Just another 2 cents.
J
Jonathan Ames is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems