Editing HDV with Lumiere at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old June 28th, 2006, 10:32 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Editing HDV with Lumiere

For those of you using FCP with the HD100: how many are using Lumiere? And how do you like it as a workaround, compared with the whole cinema tools conversion process? I've got 18 hours of footage to dump and cut, and want to see what the most efficient method for most of you is.

Thanks.
Keith Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2006, 10:50 PM   #2
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Ward
For those of you using FCP with the HD100: how many are using Lumiere? And how do you like it as a workaround, compared with the whole cinema tools conversion process? I've got 18 hours of footage to dump and cut, and want to see what the most efficient method for most of you is.

Thanks.
I have it, but I use HDVDV to bring my files into FCP. Works much easier and you can edit and preview prior to importing. Its cheaper too. That always helps!
Old June 30th, 2006, 08:11 PM   #3
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Duke
I have it, but I use HDVDV to bring my files into FCP. Works much easier and you can edit and preview prior to importing. Its cheaper too. That always helps!
HDVxDV has a trial version available that I downloaded, and I hated it. I would try it first. Yes Lumiere HD is more money, but it looks to me to be a more professinal program (I haven't tried it though).
Steve Benner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2006, 05:07 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Keith,

I use Lumiere. Make sure that you have the latest version.

One of the downsides is audio drift, so you have to go in and sync up every shot in FCP.

I am considering MPEG Streamclip but have only done one quick test.

Tom

www.tomchaney.com
Tom Chaney is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems