Incorporating SD into HD100 720p24 project at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old July 4th, 2006, 12:48 PM   #1
Major Player

Incorporating SD into HD100 720p24 project

Hi folks. Just seeing if any other HD100 owners have had to incorporate DV (60i) footage into their 720p24 projects. What techniques have you used to upconvert?

I'm not looking for perfection, it's just that I'm stuck using some old DV stock footage in an otherwise HDV production.
Old July 5th, 2006, 04:07 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Good question. I'm wondering the same thing myself. Anyone know?
Brian Luce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2006, 04:15 AM   #3
Major Player

Two Problems You Have:

1) Footage is not scaled correctly. Easy Fix - Download MPEG STREAMCLIP and Upres the footage to whatever Codec you use to edit with and the correct Frame Size.

2) Frame Rate is not Correct. You need a program like Magic Bullet to convert the 60i into 24P.

http://www.redgiantsoftware.com/mbforeditors.html

or the cheaper Nattress

http://www.nattress.com/Products/sta...conversion.htm
http://www.nattress.com/Products/fil...ilmeffects.htm
Steve Benner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2006, 10:01 AM   #4
Wrangler

I am editing a mixed media project at the moment. I downconverted and added pulldown to my 720P24 source via the BR-HD50 deck and captured anolog with decklink into the DV codec.
I'm keeping my SD60i and HD24P elements on different video tracks while I edit the offline.
Once I lock the cut, I will split off the HD elements into a new timeline, and then probably use Graeme Nattress' filter to create 24P out of 60i for the SD material. The SD24P material will then need to be scaled up to 720P and cropped to 16x9. FCP5.1 seems to do a good job of this, but if I am not happy with the results I will probably just output the DV codec back to tape and then recapture in HD and let the BR-HD50 upconvert for me to 720P.
Old July 6th, 2006, 03:42 AM   #5
Regular Crew

chinese to me.....
wanting to know the answers though, got a job using my cam and lotsa minin cams, 4:3 thingamajobs.....

complicated
Craig Donaldson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems