Connecting Marshall monitor to camera at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old July 5th, 2006, 03:48 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Connecting Marshall monitor to camera

Does anyone have an idea what is the best solution of mounting one of those 7" Marshall monitors to the JVC camera?

I've looked at other threads and am kinda confused how these Noga arms work (where exactly do they connect to the camera?).

A number of people have said the little shoe mounts are fragile and some have broken, so am looking at other options.

I guess it can be quite heavy once you attach an IDX battery, or even two Sony batteries using the adaptor.

And if anyone has pictures they can show me, or links to sites with pictures of the setup they use/suggest, then that would be great.

Ordering the whole thing by the end of the week and just want to make 100% sure I am getting the right things.

Cheers,

Chris
Chris Jothi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2006, 03:11 AM   #2
Regular Crew

jvc hd100 , marshall monitor

here's a setup with the monitor .
Attached Thumbnails
Connecting Marshall monitor to camera-jvc-hd100-redrock-7.jpg   Connecting Marshall monitor to camera-jvc-hd100-redrock-5.jpg  

Connecting Marshall monitor to camera-dsc01023.jpg   Connecting Marshall monitor to camera-jvc-hd100-redrock-2.jpg  

S. Abdul Jamal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2006, 04:16 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Suddenly it all makes a whole lot of sense.

Thanks for those pictures. How are you powering the monitor?

Chris
Chris Jothi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2006, 04:29 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Jothi
Suddenly it all makes a whole lot of sense.

Thanks for those pictures. How are you powering the monitor?

Chris

everything (hd100+hdd+monitor) from the single battery (Model Number SM-4060) from http://www.batteries4broadcast.com/battery2_sm_pop.htm and i get little over 3 hours running time .thanks
S. Abdul Jamal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2006, 02:58 PM   #5
Regular Crew

mounting monitor

I would agree that mounting the heavier marshall on the handle part of camera puts undue stress on the camera and it is possible to crack the handle as I have done it. While the option pictured above is nice for studio, it doesn't work handheld. I have a different solution; bogen manfrotto sells an adapter plate that is basically a quick release with a balance plate attached. This balance plate has 3/8" and 1/4" threaded holes built right into the side of it. You can thread in an articulated arm straight in and then if you want to go handheld or run and gun, just leave the whole thing on and detach below the balance plate. Here is a link and picture from a site that sells the plate I speak of: http://www.evsonline.com/merchant2/m...egory_Code=4B2
Keith Gruchala is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems