Motion Smoothing? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old July 13th, 2006, 01:00 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Motion Smoothing?

I'm in a PAL region, so I'm shooting 720p25. The thing is: 25p looks good onmy LCD display, but on the TV, it looks a bit juddery, and I was wondering if anyone in these circumstances is using the motion smoothing filter to reduce that effect.

Also, if want to make use of it, do I have to have turned on when I'm shooting, or just when capturing to the computer. I'm asking because I read it was a playback function...not sure what they mean by that.

Thanks!
Sergio Barbosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2006, 06:13 PM   #2
Major Player

I heard and have seen bad results from using motion smoothing.

I would avoid it at all costs.
Mark Silva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2006, 01:22 AM   #3
Major Player

It's your thing, do whatcha wanna do.

I would only use MS as an in camera FX. For that it's pretty cool, but I like the juddery, studdery look of the JVC 24fps for regular shooting. Just my opinion. Do some tests, it's the best way for you to deside what to use, or not use.
Jon Jaschob is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems