Finished ProHD Projects - Page 12 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old February 23rd, 2009, 09:50 AM   #166
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun Roemich View Post
One niggle though: the voice over sounds TERRIBLY thin.
Shaun
Thanks for your comments. I agree with your comment on the voice over. I used the on-camera mic which is pretty terrible. Also the office had very harsh acoustics. The interview part of the video bug me also. I may reshoot them or record the voice over in a friends studio.

I want to purchase a tie mic to this sort of interview in the future.

Thanks again

Drew
Drew Curran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2009, 07:44 PM   #167
Major Player

Melt

So I just finished the highlights from an Ice Climbing shoot in New Hampshire.

Melt on Vimeo

We used a decent smattering of gear: JVC GY-HD250, Sony SR12 (impressive little palm-corder shooting 1920), Sony HC3 (less impressive image and shooting 1440), VIO POV helmet cam; IndiSliderPro, Libec T78 (tripod) H60 (head).

This piece was put together in a Final Cut Pro 1920x1080i timeline (to match the SR12) and the 720x24p footage from my 250 was tossed into that. I seem to get much better results scaling the JVC up, rather than the other stuff down (both the HC3 and the SR12). I output an Apple TV spec HD file to Vimeo. I put the gamma down .89 or so on compression so it may be a bit bright on a mac. *should be more accurate on a PC.

The JVC was shooting TC3, the rest were all auto WB. The climbers were able to shoot all the "down looking" material as well as the POV stuff. I was pretty happy with what we got over the two days. I'm really out of shape! The slider was a bear to deal with, and we didn't get to use it as much as I was wanted to, but two shots made it in there; plus the end profile frames...

I plan to shoot interviews this week and cut a longer format piece with very different music, focusing much more on the actual climbing and not so much the "this was a bit of our trip" feeling. Simple answers to simple questions like "Why"; flowing music.

As always, I welcome feedback and questions. Enjoy!
Old February 25th, 2009, 08:03 PM   #168
Regular Crew

Jeffrey:

I like how you made the movement of the climber go on beat at 01:20:)
Nima Taheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2009, 08:18 PM   #169
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart Nimmo View Post
That's a great project Daniel, very worth while, it's a real thrill to see people break lose through a sport like that, paraplegic, one legged and blind skiers are a lesson to us all too. Here's one I baked earlier:

http://www.beardigital.tv/en/SkiingC...rationClip.wmv

This is my poison, (I specialize in shooting on skis) in fact it's two short clips from a documentary I shot this in Colorado, the end sequence was kind of fun to do, excuse the awful puns!

A thought which may help Daniel, is that you can afford to back off with your reflector - I think you may have been using a foil faced "Lastolite" or similar, the trick is to pinpoint your actual source of light, in this case the sun, and only gently fill from the opposing side. So in this case where the sun is high and behind the subject it would be natural to keep the camera left (her right) or "on camera" cheek darker than the "off camera" cheek. so you could have used a more diffused bounce and further off. This would look good, help you avoid reflections in glasses and, very importantly, make it much easier for your interviewees. Just a thought, great shots and story though.
Thanks for the feedback. it wasn't a reflector. I was using a Lowell Caselight with daylight tubes. I agree about the reflection in the glasses. Shooting in full sunlight isn't easy. I didn't have any grip help, but that isn't an excuse.

Again thanks for the positive feedback as well as the lighting suggestion.

Daniel Weber
Daniel Weber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2009, 10:52 AM   #170
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nima Taheri View Post
Jeffrey: I like how you made the movement of the climber go on beat at 01:20:)
Thanks Nima; that's been more popular than I thought it would be! Timed out pretty cool - just had to slide the footage a bit; no retiming or anything; I was pretty jazzed when it worked like that, but thought it was just me =D
Old March 3rd, 2009, 10:11 AM   #171
New Boot

HD100u

Here's some footage I shot with my HD100u a few months ago.
No filters, no color correction.

http://gritodolores.com/gd/gd.html

Last edited by Rafael Diaz; March 3rd, 2009 at 10:22 PM.
Rafael Diaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2009, 12:13 AM   #172
New Boot

Bar Promo

Behind the scenes of the Ranch Billboard Shoot on Vimeo

Behind the scenes of the Ranch Billboard Shoot
Chris Chow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2009, 10:28 AM   #173
Major Player

Part of a promo shoot

Here are some shots from a promotional film I'm currently working on:
Mourne Kingdom on Vimeo

Thanks

Drew
Drew Curran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2009, 04:34 PM   #174
Regular Crew

All new gear

We've had the cameras for a few months, but we are finally getting around to setting them up. Along with the cameras came a new jib, dolly, HD FCP setup, and an intern. Still trying to figure all of them out to get the best quality, but I've been happy with the trial and error results. Here is a quick jib and dolly test. I'm working on figuring out settings becuase right now I seem to get judder in all the motion, but the image quality is nice.

http://pod.pc.maricopa.edu/dollyNjib.mov
Old April 30th, 2009, 09:42 AM   #175
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Rosenberger View Post
We've had the cameras for a few months, but we are finally getting around to setting them up. Along with the cameras came a new jib, dolly, HD FCP setup, and an intern. Still trying to figure all of them out to get the best quality, but I've been happy with the trial and error results. Here is a quick jib and dolly test. I'm working on figuring out settings becuase right now I seem to get judder in all the motion, but the image quality is nice.

http://pod.pc.maricopa.edu/dollyNjib.mov
Whoops. Noticed this thread is for finished projects, so might move this into the general mix of threads.
Old May 11th, 2009, 10:03 AM   #176
New Boot

Updated link

Here's some footage I shot with my HD100u a few months ago.
No filters, no color correction.

*Updated link

http://gritodolores.ning.com/video/grito-dolores
Rafael Diaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2009, 09:21 PM   #177
New Boot

Two finished programs shot with JVC HD250

"Big Bible Stories in American Sign Language: Ruth"
Deaf Missions: Program Samples & Trailers

"Big Bible Stories in American Sign Language: Abraham"
Deaf Missions: Program Samples & Trailers

Both were shot with JVC HD250. Keying was done with Sony Anycast HD and animations were added in the post.

Joseph
Old June 2nd, 2009, 01:00 PM   #178
Trustee

Tourism Promo for Negros Oriental Island using Stock lens

After shooting several projects with a DIY 35mm lens adapter i decided to do one without.

So this is 95 percent with stock fujinon lens with a DIY Wide Adapter on an HD100 and HD200.

Negros Oriental Tourism Video By Ted Ramasola On ExposureRoom
Ted Ramasola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2009, 08:41 AM   #179
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Ramasola View Post
After shooting several projects with a DIY 35mm lens adapter i decided to do one without.

So this is 95 percent with stock fujinon lens with a DIY Wide Adapter on an HD100 and HD200.

Negros Oriental Tourism Video By Ted Ramasola On ExposureRoom
Really nice work Ted! What settings did you use on the 100? 24P? The pans look real smooth with no visible stuttering. Did you color correct with Magic Bullet?

I am shooting a doc in Russia later this month and am trying to put together a formula for success. I will not be using an adapter. Just the stock Fujinon lens.
Tom Koveleskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2009, 09:06 AM   #180
Trustee

Thanks Tom,

On the 100 I used Paolo's True Color V3. The post color correction is all done in Edius. Most shots where on 24P edited on a 24P timeline.

The settings done by Paolo are spot on for the HD100. It gives you bright strong colors that needs little tweaking in post.

Ted
Ted Ramasola is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems