Finished ProHD Projects - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old March 28th, 2007, 08:16 AM   #46
Major Player

Hey PJ
Interesting shorts and the green screen was surprisingly good, regarding an hdv aquisition.
Best
Ron
Ron German is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2007, 02:22 AM   #47
New Boot

wonderfull ....
Alessio Martinelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2007, 09:58 AM   #48
New Boot

New HD100 Short - "The Fixer"

hey everyone -

I've been meaning to post this for a while, but work has been running me around a bit.

I shot this with the hd100, 24p with the stock lens. I used Paolo’s TC3 settings since the director wanted to control the look in post - it worked out rather nicely. Kinos, arri kit for the interiors - shinys through 250, bounces and an 8x silent frost for the exteriors. I tried to keep it real simple, since we only had about 12 hours to shoot - can't be too hard on a free cast and crew. (:

This site has been a great resource - thanks to all who contribute. This was a fun piece to shoot, I hope everyone enjoys it.

http://www.gilwhitney.com/thefixer.htm

original post: http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=90527

- Gil

Last edited by Gil Whitney; April 11th, 2007 at 02:32 PM.
Gil Whitney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2007, 10:31 AM   #49
Regular Crew

Type: Music Video
Artist: Christopher
Theme: Celos
Director: Antonio Angulo
Format: HDV 720p 24p (converted to Uncompressed 8-bit 4:2:2 for better color correction)
Tools: GY-HD200 / Chroziel Mattebox / FCP 5.0.2 with Multibridge Extreme / Magic Bullet Suite / DFT 55mm
Direct Media link: http://www.bastidas.tv/videos/christopher-celos.mpg
Low-quality version: http://www.bastidas.tv/videos/christopher-celos.mov
Fernando Orozco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2007, 12:01 PM   #50
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fernando Orozco View Post
Type: Music Video
Artist: Christopher
Theme: Celos
Director: Antonio Angulo
Format: HDV 720p 24p (converted to Uncompressed 8-bit 4:2:2 for better color correction)
Tools: GY-HD200 / Chroziel Mattebox / FCP 5.0.2 with Multibridge Extreme / Magic Bullet Suite / DFT 55mm
Fernando, that was cool, bien bacano, hermano. Love the colors. Please take me through the process of shooting HDV 720p 24p and then converting to uncompressed 8-bit 4:2:2. I have an HD2000U too, and I want to do that with all my videos.
Old April 13th, 2007, 06:11 PM   #51
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaadgy Akanni View Post
Fernando, that was cool, bien bacano, hermano. Love the colors. Please take me through the process of shooting HDV 720p 24p and then converting to uncompressed 8-bit 4:2:2. I have an HD2000U too, and I want to do that with all my videos.

I'm glad that you like it, tomorrow I'm gonna post the whole conversion process with screenshots, I came with my own workflow because all the guides here in the forum doesn't explain really well how to convert 24p material that FCP can edit without hassles
Old April 16th, 2007, 04:00 PM   #52
Regular Crew

Here's the setting for converting hdv 24/30p to 8-bit, the only tools you need are DVHSCap and MPEG Streamclip

HDV 30p to Uncompressed 8-bit 4:2:2 30p

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/8...ssed30prg3.jpg

HDV 24p to Uncompressed 8-bit 4:2:2 24p

http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/6...ssed24pnt4.jpg
Old April 16th, 2007, 04:26 PM   #53
Regular Crew

Wait I'm confused I thought you could only have 4:2:2 when you are actually recording the material meaning you need some hardware, I didn't know you could do that after you had shot in 4:2:0....is that what's going on here or am I confused?
Hayk Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2007, 04:31 PM   #54
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayk Paul View Post
Wait I'm confused I thought you could only have 4:2:2 when you are actually recording the material meaning you need some hardware, I didn't know you could do that after you had shot in 4:2:0....is that what's going on here or am I confused?
You are right, the material is recorded in 4:2:0 but I found that is easier to handle and process video in 8-bit uncompressed (try to CC a clip in HDV and render, do the same thing in 8-bit, you will see the diference), another aditional benefit is: you are processing video with a better codec and that means less compression artifacts and better quality to processed clips.
Old April 24th, 2007, 09:17 AM   #55
Regular Crew

Music Video with HD110e

Here's a myspace version of the video i did for the band "Cedar Falls" from Liverpool.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...oid=1987710949

It was my very first music video and i learned a LOT from making it, and this forum, mostly Tim Dashwood's posts.

Any comments would be greatly received!

Shooting another one this weekend which should be more fun.

Neil
Neil Rostance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2007, 12:35 PM   #56
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Rostance View Post
Here's a myspace version of the video i did for the band "Cedar Falls" from Liverpool.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...oid=1987710949

It was my very first music video and i learned a LOT from making it, and this forum, mostly Tim Dashwood's posts.

Any comments would be greatly received!

Shooting another one this weekend which should be more fun.

Neil
Neil
Is this an update of the video u post a couple of months back? I like this - u seem to have done some re-editing. Good work 4 ur first. Can't wait to see ur next.
regards
Drew
Drew Curran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2007, 03:40 AM   #57
Regular Crew

Hi Drew,

yeah it's an updated version, spent a bit mroe time colour correcting and the sort.

Thing is as soon as i finished editing it i spotted all the faults and things i could have done better straight away, and now it looks very amateurish to me!

But that's all part of the learning process i suppose. Next one will be my first shoot at 50p so should be interesting.

Cheers for comments,

Neil
Neil Rostance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2007, 06:17 PM   #58
New Boot

ad for political party

Hi,
I shot this on the hd 110. standard lense and with Paolo Ciccone's colour2 settings. Thank you Paolo. It was shot 25p for a blow up to cinema.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wh3XwBh2UgI
Mick Doyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2007, 10:25 PM   #59
Regular Crew

That looked great, really profesional the sound was great too, what did u mic it with? Alsowhat were ur compression settings? That was the best HD i've seen on youtube...
Jamon Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2007, 03:57 AM   #60
New Boot

Thanks Jamon. The mic was a pretty standard senniser shotgun, an mkh 416, I think. The sound op went tru a mac and recorded to HD but in the end he just used the sound from the tape.It was conformed on a premier based system after an QT export from FCP. I dont know who put it on youtube so I dont know the compression.
Mick Doyle is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems