DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/)
-   -   Firewire pt 2 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/71930-firewire-pt-2-a.html)

Matt Setnes July 20th, 2006 08:01 PM

Firewire pt 2

Ok....I am a huge idiot. I did get the 6 pin firewire, I plugged it in before the camera was on, but since I wasn't getting anything from capturing in vegas, I switched it to from HDV to DV. I'm not sure if it's blown or not...either way, before I switched it I still wasn't getting anything from the camera

Steve Benner July 20th, 2006 08:11 PM

I don't use Vegas, but let me try to walk you through a capture.

1) Plug the Firewire Cable into the HD100
2) Plug the other end into whatever capture device you are using, in my case, my computer.
3) Set the HDV/DV switch to whatever signal is being sent.
4) Turn on the camera.
5) Place camera in VTR mode by pressing switch behind the LCD Flipout.
5) Enter Editing Application.
6) Select correct codec and settings.
7) Capture as any other footage.

Hope this helps.

Matt Setnes July 20th, 2006 08:29 PM

Well the problem is...right now, I shut the jvc and pc off(assuming the pc is supposed to be off as well? Well anyways, I decided to shoot a small clip in DV mode. I then shut the camera back off again and connect the cable to the camera while its off. I start the the pc, then I turn on the camera. I try to capture regular DV in VTR mode and still nothing.

1) If the circuit is gone I'm just wondering how would I know it is?

2) what is the exact run down of this firewire rule -- am I supposed to have my pc off when I actually connect it to the JVC(being off)?

I'm going for some beer right now, get rid of this stress. When I get back I'm gonna install an actual firewire card instead of using the motherboards.

Jonathan Nelson July 20th, 2006 09:07 PM

If you have any other camcorders/decks with a dv port, try connecting the hd100 to that camcorder via firewire. If your firewire works then it should be able to shoot a live video signal to that camcorder but make sure you use a compatable format such as DV-60i. The camcorder that is plugged into the hd100, must be in playback mode for this to work.

If you hurt your hd100, I am going to have child protective services on your a**! ;)

Matt Setnes July 20th, 2006 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonathan Nelson
If you hurt your hd100, I am going to have child protective services on your a**! ;)

Haha. No worries. I totally forgot I disable the the firewire port once in a while on the board. it took a couple beers for me to figure that out. But now comes to the problem of capturing. I have Vegas 6d. When I choose HDV internal, of course it sends the signal to play, and you hear the XP Dadoop, but it freezes vegas, until i close it, while the camera keeps rolling until i stop it.

I tried cineform HDLink and it will do the same thing, except for freeze, nothing will capture.

Any vegas users have a problem with this?

**Update**
I can capture DV, not HDV, what am I missing?

Steve Benner July 21st, 2006 05:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt Setnes
Haha. No worries. I totally forgot I disable the the firewire port once in a while on the board. it took a couple beers for me to figure that out. But now comes to the problem of capturing. I have Vegas 6d. When I choose HDV internal, of course it sends the signal to play, and you hear the XP Dadoop, but it freezes vegas, until i close it, while the camera keeps rolling until i stop it.

I tried cineform HDLink and it will do the same thing, except for freeze, nothing will capture.

Any vegas users have a problem with this?

**Update**
I can capture DV, not HDV, what am I missing?

Again, I don't know Vegas but make sure you switched the DV/HDV switch back to HDV. I'm glad you solved your firewire problem.

Matt Setnes July 21st, 2006 09:17 AM

Well this is just a bump, but in regards to any Vegas users and capturing HDV. I 'm curious if anyone has any problems capturing

John Yamamoto July 23rd, 2006 03:35 AM

so far so good

Hi i have no problem with vegas capturing HDV tape but no live
it's 25FPS as i shot it.

but both HDVsplit and CapDvhs mis took it as 50FPS
so be warned.
if u r using proxy file is OK juts change the frame rate back to 25FPS when u encode into proxy files.