DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/)
-   -   Mode Changing problem (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/71997-mode-changing-problem.html)

Matt Setnes July 21st, 2006 04:30 PM

Mode Changing problem

I see a thread all about it, and carl hicks addresses it as the camera needs to be upgraded, well if i just got this thing and its version A, why would I need to do that. It seems this mode changing issue could be why I can't capture HD. Any insight would be helpfull

Carl Hicks July 21st, 2006 08:58 PM

Support

Hi Matt,

Below is some info that may be helpful to you in terms of getting help:

JVC is anxious to help any customer with their technical issues. In order to help, we often need to talk to you by phone. Since many of you do your work out in the field, (as do I and my colleagues) and do not keep regular office hours, it is often challenging to get you in touch with the right people who can help you with a solution. Please keep these points in mind that will help facilitate help for your issue:

1. Contacting your reseller for support should be your first step. Often, the reseller can provide an answer, or can contact their JVC Pro Rep who can then assist you directly, or put you in touch with the Regional Sales Engineer for your area.

2. The Pro Customer Care Center Tech support phone number is 1-800-582-5825. This line is manned from 9 AM to 5 PM Eastern Time. For those of you in other time zones please do the appropriate conversion. And yes, some times it might not be answered as quickly during a heavy call period, or during lunchtime. Overall, our phone log tracking system shows that most calls are answered in just a few minutes.

3. If your issue is not resolved with the above call, then send me a private e-mail from this forum, with your full name, address, daytime phone number and times that you can be called, e-mail address, description of problem, and serial number. I will route your info to someone in support or engineering that can contact you to assist.

The key point here is that if you have an issue, please take the steps needed to get your reseller and possibly JVC involved in finding a solution. Sometimes, it's necessary to take a step beyond just posting the problem on a forum.

Regards, Carl

P.S. The above phone number and e-mail instructions apply only to U.S. customers.

Matt Setnes July 22nd, 2006 02:53 PM

Thanks Carl. I called friday, but when i was transferred I was told it was too late already. But anyways, I can now capture HD from HDLink if I do this.....Hit start, it send the signal to play...but the problem is the mode changing message and blue flickering stops the software from capturing, meanwhile the cam is still rolling, so I found I can just cheat it by hitting start for the 2nd time while its already rolling and be able to capture. I read on the forums of cineform that people are having the same problem.

I will also get some flicker when rebooting...is this normal for anyone?

Anyways, thanks again Carl, even though you couldn't help, it really brings me closure to know a JVC rep is here listening. I really appreciate that. I'll call Monday.

Jonathan Nelson July 22nd, 2006 02:59 PM

When I reboot, the screen kind of flickers for a second. Seems normal but I am not sure if this is what you are describing.

Matt Setnes July 22nd, 2006 04:18 PM

yep, that's it. I would think it would be normal if it was a clean flicker....but its not. I'm gonna take snapshots of all these flaws soon, then I'd like to know whether its normal or not

Jonathan Nelson July 22nd, 2006 04:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Does it look like this?

If it does, then I am pretty sure it is normal. Both my jvc's do that.

Matt Setnes July 22nd, 2006 04:54 PM

You beat me to it , but yea that's it.