Ultralight2 and shoe mount at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old July 26th, 2006, 12:10 PM   #1
New Boot

Ultralight2 and shoe mount

I just bought a used Anton Bauer Ultralight2 that didn't come with a manual (of course). A-B says that "A patented universal mounting system for 1/4-20 or shoe-type mounting is standard." My light only came with the screw sticking out the bottom and the HD100 only has a shoe mount.

Is there a way to convert the Ultralight to the shoe-type mount? Or is the shoe mount something that didn't come with the used light I bought?

Thanks so much.

-Joe
Joe Barbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2006, 12:59 PM   #2
Regular Crew

sorry to disappoint you

the shoe mount is another part
Shai Camerini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2006, 08:47 PM   #3
New Boot

Thanks. After saving $40 by buying it used, I spent $20 buying an adapter from a local video supplier (Videosmith). This was the second time I bought something used from B&H and it didn't include all the crucial parts of the new product. The first time, the guy in the used department was very helpful and made it right immediately. The second time all he offered was an RMA and I'd have to pay the shipping back.
Joe Barbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2009, 06:31 PM   #4
New Boot

How funny is it that I have the exact same problem!

I was searching for solutions, either the Anton Bauer UL2 WEDGE:
Anton/Bauer - The Worldwide Standard

Or, do you think that either of these adapters would suffice?

Frezzolini | MS-21A Adapter Stud - 1/2" Stud to | 96318

Lowel | Cam-Link | VIP-41 | B&H Photo Video
Peter Murray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2009, 03:37 AM   #5
Regular Crew

The Cam Link will work. I had one on a Lowel I light and used it for mounting my AB light. I almost bought that light from BH and several Ebay auctions, but none had that part included. Ended up buying an Ultralight kit used on Ebay, and the cam link works. My light needs to mount on a light post and the cam link holds it well. Here are some pics and a link to the instruction manual for the Ultralight 2.

Ultralight 2 pdf http://www.hollywoodstudiorentals.co...ht2%5B1%5D.pdf
Attached Thumbnails
Ultralight2 and shoe mount-img_9381.jpg   Ultralight2 and shoe mount-img_9383.jpg  

Ultralight2 and shoe mount-img_9388.jpg  
Paul Pelalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2010, 06:26 PM   #6
New Boot

Any Luck...

Ha ha ha.... I just bought an ultralight 2 off of ebay and no adapter for my hd100u shoe mount. where is the best place to get a mount that will work for the lowest price?
Old January 19th, 2010, 10:33 PM   #7
Regular Crew

I have the wedge linked above and it's worth the few bucks. it brings the light forward and down slightly. It just slides into the shoe mount and at least on my 200, doesnt come off unitl I take it off.

40.00 from B&H
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...e_Adapter.html

Last edited by John Sirb; January 19th, 2010 at 10:36 PM. Reason: added link
John Sirb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2010, 06:26 PM   #8
Regular Crew

"this was the second time I bought something used from B&H and it didn't include all the crucial parts"

Just a note here:
As terrific as B&H can be for new gear, I have found that the used department is very hit or miss...mostly miss!
Although you might find a needed piece or part, the price is usually quite out of proportion to what it should be. I learned this with my Leica still cameras. Jeez, they want almost 95% of the new price for any accessory for an R system!
Nothing against B&H, they are one of my go to places for most stuff. Just watch out for that used department!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems