True Color questions for Paolo at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old August 1st, 2006, 05:19 AM   #1
Major Player

True Color questions for Paolo

Hi paolo,

I am going to use your true colour 2

i have set the colour gain to normal but what would i set the

white paint r
white paint b

Also

in the detail setting

v/h balance
h frequency
v frequency

Any help will be good.

I will be filling something that i want to have good ritch colour and a black black.

rob.

HD101/G5 Mac/4gig Ram/1TB HDD/30" Cinema Display/FCP.
Robert Bale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2006, 09:33 AM   #2
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Bale
i have set the colour gain to normal but what would i set the

white paint r
white paint b
Hi Robert. These setttings control the way Auto White Balance, works. I never use that function. I either white balance to a white card or use the 3200K/5600K presets. This is particularly important as I normally shoot with 3 cameras and I need consistent WB with all of them. I suggest to stay away from AWB.

Quote:
v/h balance
h frequency
v frequency
These settings are for the way detail works. There is a post from Tim Dashwood about this with samples he took. Search in the forum. I would suggest to print a relevant chart and do your own testing. I didn't touch the factory settings. When shooting CUs of people I tend to use a 1/2 Classic soft diffusion by Schneider.

Quote:
I will be filling something that i want to have good ritch colour and a black black.
Then TC2 or TC3 would be perfect. Contrary to what some people said, TC doesn't crush the blacks. The blacks are there and can be manipulated up or down with the right color corrector and calibrated monitor. Good luck with your project.
Old August 2nd, 2006, 10:29 AM   #3
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paolo Ciccone
Hi Robert. These setttings control the way Auto White Balance, works. I never use that function. I either white balance to a white card or use the 3200K/5600K presets. This is particularly important as I normally shoot with 3 cameras and I need consistent WB with all of them. I suggest to stay away from AWB.

These settings are for the way detail works. There is a post from Tim Dashwood about this with samples he took. Search in the forum. I would suggest to print a relevant chart and do your own testing. I didn't touch the factory settings. When shooting CUs of people I tend to use a 1/2 Classic soft diffusion by Schneider.

Then TC2 or TC3 would be perfect. Contrary to what some people said, TC doesn't crush the blacks. The blacks are there and can be manipulated up or down with the right color corrector and calibrated monitor. Good luck with your project.
Paolo what are the factory settings your camera is set at, I want to make sure I have not changed them in my camera by mistake, thanks Gary Williams
Gary Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2006, 11:28 PM   #4
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Williams
Paolo what are the factory settings your camera is set at, I want to make sure I have not changed them in my camera by mistake, thanks Gary Williams
What I have in here is:

V/H Balance: Normal
H Freq: High
V Freq: High

Don't know if these could be better, "better" being a totally subjective value :), it's definitely worth investigation.
Old August 3rd, 2006, 07:09 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Hi Paolo,

What are the differences, in terms of overall "looks" between your TC1, TC2 and TC3? Or is it just a progressive improvement on each?
Scott Harper is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems