Image Inversion on JVC GY-HD110? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old August 7th, 2006, 05:06 AM   #1
Trustee

Inversion on JVC GY-HD110

One of the things I had read before the HD110's release was officially announced, was the capability the new model was to have to correct the image in order to use the new 16mm film lens adapters, which apparently inverted something when used.

I am not too clear if that correction was included or not in the new camera, because they only mention a correction on the LCD screen when it's rotated toward the person who is speaking, something you already find on most cameras. No mention of such correction for lens adapter.

Did JVC give up on that?
Carlos E. Martinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2006, 08:37 AM   #2
Trustee

Yes, inverted on the LCD but not the tape is my understanding. You can frame the images properly upright but the footage is still inverted. This is how I understand it.

I think they went on to say that the 200/250 will actually place the footage upright on the tape as well.
Stephen L. Noe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2006, 09:08 AM   #3
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen L. Noe
Yes, inverted on the LCD but not the tape is my understanding. You can frame the images properly upright but the footage is still inverted. This is how I understand it.

I think they went on to say that the 200/250 will actually place the footage upright on the tape as well.
Yes this is correct.
Steve Benner is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems