DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/)
-   -   BR-HD50 deck and broken timecode (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/73712-br-hd50-deck-broken-timecode.html)

Joe Barbour August 16th, 2006 10:56 AM

BR-HD50 deck and broken timecode

Hi all,

Can I write the stream from my camera to the HD50 and have the deck record the data to a new tape with new timecode?

I have about 50 tapes shot (720p24) and I need to start serious edit. Many tapes have broken timecode because my A/B adapter had a loose connection. Premiere Pro 2 thinks that when the timecode on the next frame goes to zero that the audio should go to the audio that was at the last zero time code. I haven't found any program that can fix/replace the timecode in the HDV files I have (though in my frustration, I am working on a program to do that).

1) Will renting the deck allow me to make a tape with perfect timecode?
2) Is there anyway to make a new perfect timecode on an HDV file without renting a $250/day deck?
3) Can I hook my camera to the deck and hook the deck to my computer at the same time so I can save a capture step of the data with new timecode?
4) Can I use this setup to simultaneously make a DV .AVI tape on a separate deck?

Thank you very much.
-Joe

Tim Dashwood August 16th, 2006 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe Barbour
Can I write the stream from my camera to the HD50 and have the deck record the data to a new tape with new timecode?

Yes... In fact you could also do this with a second HD100 and a firewire cable.
Quote:

2) Is there anyway to make a new perfect timecode on an HDV file without renting a $250/day deck?

Another HD100 will do.
Quote:

3) Can I hook my camera to the deck and hook the deck to my computer at the same time so I can save a capture step of the data with new timecode?

No because you will already be using the firewire port to clone the data from camera to deck.
Quote:

4) Can I use this setup to simultaneously make a DV .AVI tape on a separate deck?

You could take the analog outs on either the BR-HD50 or HD100 and simultaneously make a downconverted NTSC dub to a DV camera or deck.
I can't think of a simple way to clone the TC on the downconvert. However, the deck will output a burn-in TC on the video out, so you would at least have this for doing your paper edit.

Jack Walker August 16th, 2006 02:48 PM

Is there a small capture program that will capture the stream from the camera and rewrite the timecode on the captured file as the camera plays the tape.

Joe Barbour August 16th, 2006 04:00 PM

Thanks for the help. I don't have access to another camera, so I'll be picking up the deck tomorrow (along with a whole lot of tapes from B&H). The deck rental (only $225/day) is the same price they charge for the camera.