Powering the HD100 Options...? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old August 18th, 2006, 04:09 PM   #1
Trustee

Powering the HD100 Options...?

I have read the threads on the forum and am still trying to understand the simplest yet most comprehensive option for powering the HD100 and being portable and adaptable in the most elegant way.

I need a battery, charger and ac power in the most compact, easy to setup package with the fewest parts.

On the face of it it appears that the AB kit might be the best. Am I right?

With this kit I have the acpower adapter on the camera, not flopping around, a small charger, and a good battery (that will read out the time left).

One question... does the AB Titan 70 work with both 110 and 220?

*********** has a small travel charger, but it appears the AB Titan 70 might be more fuss free (since it clips right on the camera and works as an AC adapter as well) than the separate charger, cables, etc.

Are there any options I'm missing for a compact, easy to use and easy to travel combination of AC adapter, adapter plate and battery.

Finally, is it a concern that the AB batteries have to be charged on an AB charger. Is this a reason to go with a Sony V mount system instead?

One more quick question... where is the ABWMK-HD1OO available? This the the the holder for a firestore or other accessory that attaches to the AB battery on the camera.
Jack Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2006, 04:30 PM   #2
Major Player

Hi jack,

Yep I believe AB is a good choice also look a t IDX I have this set up. I have four of the 7s batteries and you can get adapter bracket with this (as with AB) and you can also get a power tap than runs an IDX light or in my case I attach another bracket and mount hard drive and run it of the power tap, Great combo. Very compact and plenty of power for both camera and hard drive. I also use two batteries to balance out the bottom of my Flyer rig. Have a good look around on the web as I believe there are some good deals around.

Greg c

P.S. IDX is v-mount and four batteries plus charger fit nice and snug into a Peli 1450
Greg Corke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2006, 05:03 PM   #3
Wrangler

Jack,

Per DVINFO Policy, I had to edit out your reference to a non DVINFO sponsor. Part of the agreement we have with the sponsors ie exclusivity on where to buy in our forum postings.

Regards,

-gb-
Greg Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2006, 05:14 PM   #4
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Boston
Jack,

Per DVINFO Policy, I had to edit out your reference to a non DVINFO sponsor. Part of the agreement we have with the sponsors ie exclusivity on where to buy in our forum postings.

Regards,

-gb-
No problem. The only reason I mentioned it was because I don't think anyone else sells a similar item, but don't know.
Jack Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2006, 06:00 PM   #5
Major Player

Powering options

I know that this is not exactly what you asked but one thing you might wish to consider is simply buying the AB adapter plate and batteries and charger from somewhere else as this is far cheaper than buying the AB batteries.

You can buy excellent batteries from GlobalMediaPro of (65, 95, 160 and 190) to fit onto the AB plate and an incredibly cheap adapter ($70 AU).

I already bought the IDX battery system as well and kind of resented the absurd price.

Rob
Robert Castiglione is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2006, 01:12 AM   #6
Major Player

I already bought the IDX battery system as well and kind of resented the absurd price.

I agree with you Rob but I'd like to think the AB and IDX solutions are a superior product and also give you that a little peace of mind when hooking up to your camera?

Cheers Greg C
Greg Corke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2006, 01:20 AM   #7
Major Player

Dear Greg, I do not wish to disabuse your of your idea concerning battery peace of mind as it would be unkind.

BUT I have to say that the global pro batteries do seem like very good standard pro batteries. Have LED showing charge level, feel solid, no problems with powering etc

Rob
Robert Castiglione is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems