Color Change at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old August 18th, 2006, 06:34 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Color Change

Ok, so here's the problem, i posted the video, check it out.

The problem is clear as daylight, anyways, maybe I did something wrong, just let me know, but the picture changes from a yellowish tint to normal.

Any comments welcomed! ( :

BTW, this was using a Paulo Ciccone's scene file
Attached Files
File Type: mov colorchange.mov (4.49 MB, 171 views)
Matt Setnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2006, 07:12 PM   #2
Trustee

Are you running FAW?
Stephen L. Noe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2006, 07:54 PM   #3
Trustee

Looks to me like it white balanced as the camera was pointed at the setlist and shoes near the end.
Old August 18th, 2006, 08:16 PM   #4
Regular Crew

FAW?

Yea, that's what it looks like to me too, but i balanced it at...pretty sure i balanced it at 8000

What's FAW
Old August 18th, 2006, 09:14 PM   #5
Regular Crew

nevermind, not sure how it went into faw mode, but it was set to A, and i balanced it. I'll try again tomorrow.

Another note on that....I'm getting split screen on 9db
Old August 18th, 2006, 10:01 PM   #6
Trustee

Matt,
Did you get an "A" model? If you did then 9db shouldn't show the split. If it does then take it out to JVC Aurora and let Rob Yarosh know you're coming in to get it calibrated.

Steve
Old August 19th, 2006, 01:38 AM   #7
Regular Crew

It is A. If you look back in the forum I brung up an old issue of having an "A" version camera, but not being able to capture in HDV mode, because of the disrupting Mode Changing message. So i did this after a week I got the camera. You'd figure once they "redid" the upgrade they'd also do a calibration as well, guess not. I've now experienced split screen on 18 12 and 9db. Another issue on top of this split screen is this very faint flicker like streaks across the image. None of this really aggrevates me, I just hate having to be with out my camera to get this things fixed.
Old August 19th, 2006, 09:05 AM   #8
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Setnes
You'd figure once they "redid" the upgrade they'd also do a calibration as well, guess not. I've now experienced split screen on 18 12 and 9db.
This is not the case. When the "A" was performed there was no calibration. I believe you had to explicitly ask for calibration. The mode changing scenario has been discussed here on a long thread at the beginning of the year. It may be a good idea to get the camera in for calibration as well as talk about mode changing.
Old August 19th, 2006, 10:03 AM   #9
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Setnes
nevermind, not sure how it went into faw mode, but it was set to A, and i balanced it. I'll try again tomorrow.
Another note on that....I'm getting split screen on 9db
I'm wondering if the two are related. For example, if you did have the camera in FAW (full automatic white-balance), it could be that the split became visible because the two sides were adjusting themselves slightly differently.

The reason I mention this -- my camera showed the split screen when I first got it, but I haven't seen it at all since I changed every "auto" setting to manual (including knee). Plus, I've only ever used the preset white balances of 3200K and 5600K.

I'm working on the theory that, perhaps, it's only when some image parameter is allowed to adjust by itself that the two halves get out of sync with each other. Even a manual white balance may leave the camera in a state where each side is calibrated differently, making the split show when the image changes (i.e. moving from a bright area where the WB occured to a shaded area that needs a new WB setting).

Just a thought. Wonder if anyone has experimented with this.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems