Gyhd 100 Vs Gyhd110 at DVinfo.net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old August 24th, 2006, 11:42 PM   #1
Regular Crew
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Vancouver BC
Posts: 119
Gyhd 100 Vs Gyhd110

Does anyone know what the price difference is on the two cameras and if they are shipping the 110 in Canada yet? Also any word on when the 200 and 250 will be released?
Scott Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2006, 11:56 PM   #2
Trustee
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Burbank
Posts: 1,811
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Harper
Does anyone know what the price difference is on the two cameras and if they are shipping the 110 in Canada yet? Also any word on when the 200 and 250 will be released?
Go down to my first post in this thread -- there are links to both cameras and prices, with info:
http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=74219

Can't tell you about Canada.

The last I heard about the HD250 was that it was coming out in the fall, maybe late fall, and the HD200 would follow sometime after.
Jack Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2006, 04:51 AM   #3
Regular Crew
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Big Island, Hawaii
Posts: 27
I heard that the 200 and 250 would be out October 6th.

Don't quote me but I believe that was in one of Carl's posts on this forum.

I hope it's true cause I have a 250 in my sights.

aloha,

Keith
__________________
Keith Nealy
Productions
Keith Nealy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2006, 04:51 PM   #4
JVC America
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: McKinney, TX
Posts: 516
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Nealy
I heard that the 200 and 250 would be out October 6th.

Don't quote me but I believe that was in one of Carl's posts on this forum.

I hope it's true cause I have a 250 in my sights.

aloha,

Keith
I would never be crazy enough to quote an exact delivery date! The latest info is that we hope to start shipments of the GY-HD250U around the end of October, and the GY-HD200 a month or two later. It's all approximate.
__________________
Carl Hicks
JVC Professional Products Company
Carl Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2006, 04:56 PM   #5
Major Player
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Phoenix, AZ - USA
Posts: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Hicks
I would never be crazy enough to quote an exact delivery date! The latest info is that we hope to start shipments of the GY-HD250U around the end of October, and the GY-HD200 a month or two later. It's all approximate.
Which of the new cameras will do the 180 flip so it views/records 35mm adapters right side up?
Joel Aaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2006, 05:04 PM   #6
JVC America
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: McKinney, TX
Posts: 516
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel Aaron
Which of the new cameras will do the 180 flip so it views/records 35mm adapters right side up?
Both the GYHD200 and the GYHD250 are supposed to have this feature.
__________________
Carl Hicks
JVC Professional Products Company
Carl Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2006, 05:07 PM   #7
Regular Crew
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Vancouver BC
Posts: 119
How much will the 250 be and will there be special pricing if one buys the wide angle lens and camera?
Scott Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2006, 05:10 PM   #8
JVC America
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: McKinney, TX
Posts: 516
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Harper
How much will the 250 be and will there be special pricing if one buys the wide angle lens and camera?
Scott, no offical pricing has been released yet. We have an estimate of $9000 US list for the HEAD ONLY. That's all that is known at this point.

Regards,
__________________
Carl Hicks
JVC Professional Products Company
Carl Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2006, 05:11 PM   #9
Regular Crew
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Vancouver BC
Posts: 119
Thanks Carl. Why is it that the 250 comes out before the 200? I guess the Canadian release would be the same as the US one?
Scott Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2006, 05:18 PM   #10
Regular Crew
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Vancouver BC
Posts: 119
One more thing, Carl, I'm curious; what the GYHD 101 is? Is this model the same as the 100 or is it more like the 110?
Scott Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2006, 06:18 PM   #11
Trustee
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Burbank
Posts: 1,811
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Harper
One more thing, Carl, I'm curious; what the GYHD 101 is? Is this model the same as the 100 or is it more like the 110?
As far as I can tell, here are the camera models to date:

-----------------------------------------------------
FIRST MODELS:

HD100U The original U.S. model. (discontinued)
HD100U(A) The U.S. model of the camera withe the "A" upgrade-- any remaining units from authorized JVC dealers may be sold as just the HD100U, but they have the "A" upgrade. (discontinued except for any remaining units with authorized JVC dealers)

HD100e European version with Firewire-In disabled. (discontinued)
HD101e European version with Firewire-In enabled. (discontinued)

-----------------------------------------------------
NEXT MODELS:

HD110U The U.S. version (current model)

HD110e European version with Firewire-In disabled. (current model)
HD111e European version with Firewire-In enabled. (current model)

------------------------------------------------------
COMING MODELS:

HD200
HD250
I don't know, but probably in similar U.S. and European models as above.
Jack Walker is offline   Reply
Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

Professional Video
(800) 833-4801
Portland, OR

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY

Z.G.C.
(973) 335-4460
Mountain Lakes, NJ

Abel Cine Tech
(888) 700-4416
N.Y. NY & L.A. CA

Precision Camera
(800) 677-1023
Austin, TX

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

 



Google
 

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:45 AM.


DV Info Net -- Real Names, Real People, Real Info!
1998-2017 The Digital Video Information Network