Can't capture from my JVC GY HD100 - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old September 4th, 2006, 09:22 AM   #16
Regular Crew

Can't capture ...

John,
in my IDX-battery attachment, there is a fuse compartment on the lower left side (viewing from the back of the camera), and above that there is a spare fuse compartment.
Joachim
Joachim Claus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2006, 05:10 AM   #17
Regular Crew

capDvhs and HDV split may save u

both freeware are very OK
except the FPS is wrong
capture and convert to format PP can work with

JY
John Yamamoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2006, 06:22 PM   #18
Regular Crew

Well I MUST be doing somethign wrong! bundled AVID Liquid 7.1 came with camera so in theory it should work!

So far total number of frames captured in HD is 0!!! Other people seem to be able to capture but not me!!

Cam in VTR mode before turnign on computer let alone loading AVID

I CANNOT find a recorder tab under the site menu. I have - Plug in settings, Medea Management, Codec presets, FX Editor, System Settings and Player settings!

I managed to capture some very very jerky footage with Premier Pro 2 that was unusable

so How on earth do I capture footage in AVID?

PC is:
AMD 3500+
6800GS gfx card
2GB Ram
160GB
XP home OS

Stumped with expensive unuseable HD Cam!!!!
Ian Broadbent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2006, 07:57 PM   #19
Trustee

Go to the Liquid forum and ask your question:
http://avid.com/exchange/forums/54/ShowForum.aspx

If anybody can help you, these people can.

The first thing you might hear is that you need an Intel processor and an ATI graphics card. However, this isn't true.

Post at the forum -- being sure to include the specs of your system -- and someone will give you the info you need.

Liquid often needs a complete resinstall of the operating system, etc. etc. etc. to get it to work, but the people on the Liquid forum are the ones who can best help. To run Liquid it takes dozens and dozens of hours of experience, at minimum, but you can cut through some of this by using others' experience on the forum.

It is possible your system won't completely support Liquid... it's kind of tricky, but the people on the forum will be able to tell you.

Last edited by Jack Walker; September 7th, 2006 at 02:43 PM.
Jack Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2006, 09:20 PM   #20
Trustee

"How to configure Liquid 7.1 for ProHD capture & dump to tape Tutorial

This should get you going and started on the road to HD.

S. Noe
Stephen L. Noe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2006, 04:10 PM   #21
Regular Crew

Stephen

Many thanks :) Yes your video helped I can now capture :) Sorry for the delay in getting back.

All I need to get sorted is why I get blocky dropouts, not the odd pixel but large blocks dropping out occasionally. The data on tape plays back without dropouts on my HD LCD panel through the YUV though without dropout, just wobbly video.

I read on another forum that this could be down to Windows SP2 upgrade setting the IEEE1394 speed down to 100, but I installed SP2 as a fresh install, not an upgrade. It may also be a fragmented drive that I tried it on.

I ran the Microsoft fix for the firewire speed, and I have also installed a fresh out of the box 250Gb hard drive so there should be no issues with defragging. I have yet to see if that worked.

In fact I am gonna try these two fixes now and see if that worked ;) will report back ;)

Cheers n beers

Ian
Ian Broadbent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2006, 04:43 PM   #22
Regular Crew

Now a MUCH happier bunny :) all capturing fine now :) Shame about my wobbly shots:)

Now to learn how to edit with Avid :)

Cheers guys

Ian
Ian Broadbent is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems