Mode Change at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old September 12th, 2006, 12:04 PM   #1
Major Player

Mode Change

Since my camera came back from the free "a" upgrade it's show the "Mode Change" message when I switch to VTR mode. I read a lot about this problem before, but I never payed attention on it, because I didn't have this problem. Now I have it, but I can't find any answer on this problem here.

Somebody can help??

Laszlo Horvath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2006, 12:47 PM   #2
Trustee

[QUOTE=Laszlo Horvath]Since my camera came back from the free "a" upgrade it's show the "Mode Change" message when I switch to VTR mode. /QUOTE]

The same happened to me. I never had the message before and now it shows every time I press "Play". While annoyining, it doesn't seem to cause any harm. Maybe we can get more info from Carl?
Old September 12th, 2006, 02:13 PM   #3
Regular Crew

I got this when already having the "A" version. The only way to fix it is to have the firmware re-done. I truly wish there was some sort of JVC SDK we technical users can recieve, so we don't have to rely on the company to fix it.
Matt Setnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2006, 02:38 PM   #4
Major Player

Matt, did you have the firmware re-done? What did you do? Did JVC also re-calibrate your camera for SSE?
Old September 12th, 2006, 03:28 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Yea, firmware redone, and haven't gotten around for a calibration yet, I suppose I should, I put it off too long. I should of asked for calibration be done concurrently with the firmware, oh well.
Matt Setnes is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems