HD100s best friends - Tim, Paulo & Stephen - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old September 27th, 2006, 08:38 PM   #16
Regular Crew

Thanks, Xavier. If I remember correctly, the moon shot was done with ND filter at either 1 or 2 and Fstop was around f11 and focus was set to infinity. TC2 was scene file used. Zoom was close to full , but I wanted to avoid CA so it was probably around 75mm. I then sped it up 8x in post. You're right, I love the color reversal look.

Paolo, 2nd unit has been awesome and helpful. I learned so much from you, Jonathan and the rest of the crew.

My feature film is "The Twilight Zone" meets "Identity". Different stories to reveal clues to what happened to our flawed and beautiful heroine.
George David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2006, 11:20 AM   #17
Major Player

Very nice George. I appreciate the comparisons. BTW, I love that guy's music. Does he have sound tracks available or is it borrowed for demo purposes?
Warren Shultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2006, 11:33 AM   #18
Regular Crew

Thanks, Warren. I hope I don't get in trouble for this as Thomas Newman is one of the most famous composers and one of my idols in film scoring. But since it's for non-commercial use, I used his music. This piece is from American Beauty.
Old September 28th, 2006, 12:00 PM   #19
Major Player

Those Newmans are a talented bunch. Wouldn't you just love to have him score your piece?
Old September 28th, 2006, 12:18 PM   #20
Regular Crew

Now that would be just unbelievable, wouldn't it? Even if I could just meet and shake the guy's hand, that would already be more than I could hope for.

If you ever need film music that is Thomas Newman-like, let me know. I'm actually a film composer as well. I just need to re-record lots of my compositions to acceptable standards :-) After my feature is done, I think I'm going to concentrate on film music.
Old September 28th, 2006, 12:23 PM   #21
Regular Crew

Warren - BTW, Glenn Scott Lacey works a lot with Steven Dempsey (Disjecta from DVXuser), one of our resident expert cinematographers here in DVinfo. Glenn has incredible skills and is an amazing composer:

http://www.glennscottlacey.com/
Old September 28th, 2006, 12:39 PM   #22
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by George David
But since it's for non-commercial use, I used his music.
Not trying to be a party-pooper, but that's still a copyright violation. We have to keep in mind a lot of amateur filmmakers read this site, and we don't want to be giving out misinformation.
Old September 28th, 2006, 12:52 PM   #23
Regular Crew

Fair enough, Earl. Shoot - I definitely don't want to break any copyright laws. I'll take that file off the server temporarily and add a longer and better test footage I'll be shooting this weekend. Underscore wil change too :-)
Old September 28th, 2006, 12:54 PM   #24
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by George David
Fair enough, Earl. Shoot - I definitely don't want to break any copyright laws. I'll take that file off the server temporarily and add a longer and better test footage I'll be shooting this weekend. Underscore wil change too :-)
Hi George.

I just checked it out and it looked good. If you're re-editing, may I suggest more back-to-back comparison for those interested in the different scene files. You did it a couple of times with the close-up of the lady, and it is really helpful for new users to visualize what can be done with the image controls.
Old September 28th, 2006, 02:41 PM   #25
Regular Crew

Sounds good, Tim. I will do that on the next edit. I'll include close-ups, medium, wide shots of people, landscapes, props, etc. I'm excited to do tests.
Old September 28th, 2006, 03:28 PM   #26
Major Player

Thanks for that info, George. I'll look forward to your next set of tests and I'd love to hear some of your compositions. Meanwhile I'll check out Glenn as well.

Warren
Old September 28th, 2006, 04:10 PM   #27
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren Shultz
Thanks for that info, George. I'll look forward to your next set of tests and I'd love to hear some of your compositions. Meanwhile I'll check out Glenn as well.

Warren

Yes, real nice work George. It's great to see the back to back to back comparasions of the diferent looks. Perhaps put as many of the looks as possible on the reel? It is very helpful -

john
evilgeniusentertainment.com
John Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2006, 05:06 PM   #28
Regular Crew

Warren, I'll use my own music next time for the tests.

John, I will definitely include different looks for each scene one right after the other. It would be blast to do this. Thanks for watching the clip.
Old September 28th, 2006, 09:35 PM   #29
Major Player

George,

First off I liked the music with the edits, you entertain as well as educated, copywrite aside. Bravo! I could absolutly rant at how our society has gotten so sensitive to copy write when it's not for profit, not for marketing or even self promotion. Please don't stop putting your tests to music / edits if thats what makes you feel better about your testing, or simply if it's what makes you happy... regardless of what colleagues or peers might say. I personaly enjoyed it. If you must use your own music creations to appeal to the masses then all the better. ;) This is strictly my opinion (obviously), I'm not speaking out of disrespect for any member of this forum.

Second, thank you for doing that. It was an unselfish act that others, including myself, benefit from. I have often wished I had the time (not to mention energy) to do what you did. You strike me as the kind of person who deserves to be successful at what you do, you obviously take great pleasure from what you create. Excellent imagery, I was dumbfounded at how you made even simple shots sing with the JVC. Again, thanks.

Peace!
RED ONE #977

Last edited by Daniel Patton; September 29th, 2006 at 12:14 AM.
Daniel Patton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2006, 12:07 AM   #30
Regular Crew

Daniel, that was a very nice comment you made. Just so you know, I've always liked that little comment/signature you have at the end of your posts. Thank you.
George David is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems