Adapter at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old October 2nd, 2006, 02:39 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Adapter

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't there supposed to be a bayonet adapter bye jvc released this fall?
Matt Setnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2006, 02:50 PM   #2
Trustee

Yes, It's been seen (and used) here in Chicago several times. Hold onto your hat for it's release. It's something that adds trememdous value to your ProHD purchase.
Stephen L. Noe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2006, 03:08 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Well that's good to hear, I thought it was forgotten about. ::wipes forehead::
Old October 3rd, 2006, 01:54 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Adapter with Redrock M2 ?

Hello everybody,

This is my first post and i thanks all of you to make me learn a lot since i started to read those threads six month ago.

What do you think about using this adapter with the Redrock M2. Will it be possible ? If i underdstand it well, if it works, i will have a better image because of no CA...
Fabrice Hoffmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2006, 01:10 PM   #5
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabrice Hoffmann
Hello everybody,

This is my first post and i thanks all of you to make me learn a lot since i started to read those threads six month ago.

What do you think about using this adapter with the Redrock M2. Will it be possible ? If i underdstand it well, if it works, i will have a better image because of no CA...
Hi Fabrice,

The adapter the guys are referring to is a 16mm PL mount adapter that connects directly to the body of the HD100/110/200/250, allowing the use of 16mm or super 16mm PL lens. I think the closest comparable device would be the P+S Pro35. However, little is know about the inner workings of this JVC device. We don't even know if it uses a re-imager.

The Redrock M2 device connects to the end of a relay lens. In the case of the HD100 you would keep the stock lens attached, connect the M2 box to the end of it, and then attach 35mm lens to the M2.
Old October 3rd, 2006, 01:36 PM   #6
Regular Crew

Thank's Tim,

But I'm not sure to understand.

This device won't be like Zoerk's one which allow you to put nikkon lenses (but without having film depth of field) but more like P+S technik which allows reduced depth of field ? Or in another way it will also replace the M2 device and the relay lens ?

If this is true, it's better than what i thought. Is there an approximate time release ?
Fabrice Hoffmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2006, 02:45 PM   #7
Wrangler

Our understanding (from the limited information gathered at NAB) is that the Super-16 equivalent field of view and depth of field characteristics are somehow maintained. We won't really know until this product is released.

What we do know is that the image will be inverted, hence the added ability to flip the LCD/VF image in the HD110, and the image layed to tape in the HD200/250.

Here's some photos I took at NAB.
Attached Thumbnails
Adapter-hd200-pl_b.jpg   Adapter-hd200-pl_c.jpg  

Old October 3rd, 2006, 02:55 PM   #8
Regular Crew

Shucks, I was hoping it'd be a simple mount change ring. Wish I would have waited for the 110. Oh well. Anyone know if anyone sells a lcd mirror hood? That'll be my only option.

Not to change the subject of the thread, but since I'm such the newbert, is it possible to use a 77mm filter if I bought a 82mm step down ring for this camera?
Old October 3rd, 2006, 05:38 PM   #9
Regular Crew

i wonder if it will be like this http://www.xl1solutions.com/ADAPTERS.htm
i dont think dof gets more shallow then stock lens but you can use good lenses. i hope dof gets more shallow. i will for sure get one if i get hd200.
Lee Alford is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems