Photo of inside of JVC Hard Case CB-100...? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old October 3rd, 2006, 12:48 PM   #1
Trustee

Photo of inside of JVC Hard Case CB-100...?

Is there a photo anywhere of the inside of the JVC hard case CB-100?

(I found an outside photo on the B&H site, but unfortunately there are no specificiations or inside photo.)

Also, are the inside and outside dimensions listed anywhere?

Finally, will the case hold the camera with viewfinder attached, the camera with the wide angle lens in place, the standard lens in a different pocket, a pro battery and charger?

Or, does anyone carry the case in stock in Los Angeles? I checked the usual places and they don't carry this case.
Jack Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2006, 04:03 PM   #2
Major Player

Hi Jack,

I have a CB-100 and can't say enough good about it. It will take the camera with the viewfinder and stock mic attached. I don't have the wide lens (yet) but seems like there are several extra inches of length cut in the foam to accomodate it. There are two cutouts that will hold a dionic90 or titan 70. Two more cutouts that hold about 6 DV tapes. There is a cutout which holds the tripod plate. Two more cutouts are larger, I have my wireless stuff in one, and a raincover in the other. The standard lens might fit in the largest cutout, i'll have to try that.

I just left for a trip, but will try to get you a photo up next week of the interior.
Greg Bellotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2006, 05:08 PM   #3
Trustee

Thank you, this is a big help. I need a case and don't really like any of them and I will need a travel case. The JVC case seems good and I will look for a nylon case for times when that is appropriate. The big Portabrace and Petrol cases aren't really what I need and cost almost as much as the hard case.
Old October 3rd, 2006, 09:12 PM   #4
JVC America

Jack, I have posted some pictures. The dimensions are:

Outside - 29.5" Long / 12.5" High / 17.5" Wide
Inside - 27" Long / 11" High / 15.5" Wide

Yes, it will hold the camera with the 13X, or other similar sized lens, attached. No, there is not room for two lenses. You can also hold an Anton Bauer or IDX battery, and the Anton Bauer charger. The IDX charger won't fit unless you cut out some of the foam. There are several other small pockets for cables, tapes, and even the DR-HD100 can fit. It's a well-made flight case, with wheels and a pull-out handle. I use it extensively as a carry case and a shipping case for my demo GY-HD110.

Regards, Carl
Attached Thumbnails
Photo of inside of JVC Hard Case CB-100...?-cb100-.jpg   Photo of inside of JVC Hard Case CB-100...?-cb100-b.jpg  

Photo of inside of JVC Hard Case CB-100...?-cb100-c.jpg  
Old October 4th, 2006, 12:15 AM   #5
Trustee

Carl,
Thank you very much!
Old November 22nd, 2006, 06:07 PM   #6
New Boot

Carl,

Thanks for these pictures. They are a big help. This looks like it might be the case for me...
Eric Susch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2006, 09:11 PM   #7
Major Player

Will there be a case for the 250 or can we use this same case? I would assume no since it does have the extra connectors on the back of the camera.

Dave Beaty
Dave Beaty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2006, 02:06 AM   #8
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Beaty
Will there be a case for the 250 or can we use this same case? I would assume no since it does have the extra connectors on the back of the camera.

Dave Beaty
I asked this at DV Expo in L.A. a couple of weeks ago. The JVC crew consulted among themselves and told me that the HD200/HD250 would not fit in the existing case. They also said that the decision was being made as to whether there would be an updated case for the HD200/HD250 cameras.
Old November 27th, 2006, 03:02 AM   #9
Major Player

It's only a hair longer after removing the AB battery and lens... the 250 fits in our case with these items removed or rearranged. Might want to double check. But then again we use a magic wand and chant as well. Kittens got too messy.
RED ONE #977
Daniel Patton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2006, 05:08 AM   #10
Regular Crew

JVC Pro Case

Thanks Carl,

For the pics. Just another couple of questions:

Where can one purchase this?

Does it come with a lock on it? Since this would be a must for travelling on planes.
Simon Duncan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2006, 06:32 AM   #11
Obstreperous Rex

Here's a photo of the CB-100 loaded for bear.

For Simon -- the case is lockable. You have the freedom to put your own locks on it; you're not forced into a particular type of lock imposed by JVC. Add whatever lock you want. This is a big advantage if you have several cases; you can keep them all keyed alike. Or the same combination, etc.
Attached Thumbnails
Photo of inside of JVC Hard Case CB-100...?-jvc-cb-100full.jpg  

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2006, 06:41 AM   #12
Regular Crew

Thanks Chris,

Any suggested places to buy this?

Also do you know what price is sells for?

Thanks
Simon
Simon Duncan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2006, 06:57 AM   #13
Obstreperous Rex

Simon, the price should be around $500. We refer all "where to buy" questions to our Site Sponsors.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2006, 07:56 AM   #14
JVC America

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Patton
It's only a hair longer after removing the AB battery and lens... the 250 fits in our case with these items removed or rearranged. Might want to double check. But then again we use a magic wand and chant as well. Kittens got too messy.
I put my demo GY-HD250 with the stock 16X lens into the CB-100 case - no problem. I think you could also do it with a larger lens, if you remove the lens hood.

The GY-HD250 / 200 body is about the same length as the GY-HD100 / 110, when you factor in the extra battery bracket (Anton Baure or IDX) that most people use with the 100 / 110 cameras.

There is some talk about maybe having a different case for the 200 / 250, but nothing concrete yet. If you need a hard ATA case right now, just go with the CB-100 case.
Old November 27th, 2006, 08:05 AM   #15
Major Player

When you buy a bigger lens you can always cut into the foam I suppose (or is there a rigid support under the foam?). Removing the lens hood is somewhat of a drag if you use an UV-filter, because you need to screw that off before you can remove the lens hood...

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems