DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/)
-   -   Comparing HD-200 and HD-250 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/77184-comparing-hd-200-hd-250-a.html)

Dave Beaty October 10th, 2006 05:33 AM

Comparing HD-200 and HD-250

I am looking at both of these cameras and I understand some of the enhancements over the HD-100 such as the 720p60 and gamma improvements as well as image flip and PL mount adaptor.

I know the HD-250 has studio options and comes with HD-SDI, BNC connectors and TC and Genlock inputs.

But what about the HD-200, does it have TC inputs and the better BNC output connectors?

That's the one pro feature we've been lacking. No way to sync two cameras in the field. I don't need the HD-SDI output (at least not on a camera, a deck is another matter).

Is it correct they don't come with a stock lens?

Dave Beaty

Carl Hicks October 10th, 2006 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Beaty
I am looking at both of these cameras and I understand some of the enhancements over the HD-100 such as the 720p60 and gamma improvements as well as image flip and PL mount adaptor.

I know the HD-250 has studio options and comes with HD-SDI, BNC connectors and TC and Genlock inputs.

But what about the HD-200, does it have TC inputs and the better BNC output connectors?

That's the one pro feature we've been lacking. No way to sync two cameras in the field. I don't need the HD-SDI output (at least not on a camera, a deck is another matter).

Is it correct they don't come with a stock lens?

Dave Beaty

Dave, the final feature set of the GY-HD200 is still in flux. We should know for sure in about a month.

As far as lenses go, both new GY-HD250 and GY-HD200 will probably be available with the "stock" 16X HD lens, and without it, so you can choose another lens. There are now six different native 1/3" HD lenses on the market.

Regards, Carl

Jemore Santos October 10th, 2006 07:06 AM

Carl do you have details or a website about those different 1/3 lenses and also do you know if there will be an adapter for the PL mounts on the 100/1, 110/1 cameras?

Carl Hicks October 10th, 2006 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jemore Santos
Carl do you have details or a website about those different 1/3 lenses and also do you know if there will be an adapter for the PL mounts on the 100/1, 110/1 cameras?

Jermone,

All ProHD cameras thus far use the same 1/3" bayonet. Therefore, any lens adaptor that is on the market or comes to market will fit all of the 100 series and 200 series cameras.

Here are the 1/3" lenses:

Fujinon - TH16X5.5BRM (the stock lens)
Fujinon - TH13x3.5BRMU
Fujinon - TH17X5BRMU
Fujinon - HTS18X4.2BRM
Fujinon - TH17X5BMD-DSD (for pan-tilt remote applications)
Canon - KT20x5BKRS (available in December)

Regards, Carl

William Hess October 10th, 2006 09:46 AM

I'm curious about the HTS18X4.2BRM. Does the HTS prefix indicate that this is a higher quality lens? I do see that it has Digipower and Quickzoom (which the TH does not) however I'm wondering if the optical quality is better then, say, the TH13x3.5BRMU.

Also, I could not find the HTS18X4.2BRM in stock anywhere (B&H doesn't even have it listed). Where would I purchase one?

Another thing I noticed is that the Fujinon website doesn't even list the TH13x3.5BRMU any more. Is this lens going away or being replaced soon?

Floris van Eck October 10th, 2006 02:26 PM

Carl, I am also really intested to learn more about these two camera's.

1. The HD-200 seems to be targeted at indie filmmakers. Is this right?
2. The camera's will have 720p/60 and 720p/50. So this will solve a much named flaw of the HD-100/HD-110... namely filming fast action?
3. Which lens comes with the HD-200?
4. Are there any changes with regards to the viewfinder and LCD screen compared to the HD-110?
5. Does it come with a battery? If so, which system?
6. Is the size of the HD-200 the same as the HD-110?
7. Will it be released this year? Or do we have to wait till 2007.
8. With 720p/60 and 720p/50, is the recording time on a tape still 60 min? Or is it shorter because of the new encoding techniques?

Thanks in advance for any answer you can give!

Carl Hicks October 10th, 2006 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by William Hess
I'm curious about the HTS18X4.2BRM. Does the HTS prefix indicate that this is a higher quality lens? I do see that it has Digipower and Quickzoom (which the TH does not) however I'm wondering if the optical quality is better then, say, the TH13x3.5BRMU.

Also, I could not find the HTS18X4.2BRM in stock anywhere (B&H doesn't even have it listed). Where would I purchase one?

Another thing I noticed is that the Fujinon website doesn't even list the TH13x3.5BRMU any more. Is this lens going away or being replaced soon?

Hi William,

Yes, the HTS18X4.2BRM will be a "higher-end" lens. I would not say however that it will be a "better" lens than the TH13X3.5BRMU, which is our top-end wide angle lens. The Canon lens will be less wide, and much longer, but still be of a similar quality as the TH13X3.5BRMU

As my post says, the Canon lens is not available until December. I would ask your LOCAL JVC Pro dealer to keep you in touch on this.

The Fujinon TH13X3.5BRMU is sold only through JVC Pro. Again, contact your LOCAL JVC Pro for pricing. It is a special order item, so you will probably not find it in stock anywhere. Typical delivery is 2 to 4 weeks.

Regards, Carl

Carl Hicks October 10th, 2006 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Floris van Eck
Carl, I am also really intested to learn more about these two camera's.

1. The HD-200 seems to be targeted at indie filmmakers. Is this right?

That is exactly correct!
Quote:

2. The camera's will have 720p/60 and 720p/50. So this will solve a much named flaw of the HD-100/HD-110... namely filming fast action?
For most users of the HD100/110, this is not an issue, once they learn to limit pans to a reasonable speed much like you do with a film camera. We would not have been able to sell 15,000 plus cameras if this were a big issue. But for those who are doing fast action subjects, like sports or adventure/reality, then yes, the 50 and 60 fps rates will be a big benefit.
Quote:

3. Which lens comes with the HD-200?
This has not been finalized for sure yet, but one possibility is to offer it as a package with the 16X Fujinon HD lens, and also offer is with no lens so you can choose any lens you want.
Quote:

4. Are there any changes with regards to the viewfinder and LCD screen compared to the HD-110?
Not that I am aware of.
Quote:

5. Does it come with a battery? If so, which system?
The latest I heard is that the camera will ship with an IDX battery adaptor. Batteries and charger will be separate.
Quote:

6. Is the size of the HD-200 the same as the HD-110?
No, the body of the HD200 will be the same basic size as the GYHD250.
Quote:

7. Will it be released this year? Or do we have to wait till 2007.
Tentative release date is end of November of 2006. Final feature set is still a little in flux, so we don't know for sure.
Quote:

8. With 720p/60 and 720p/50, is the recording time on a tape still 60 min? Or is it shorter because of the new encoding techniques?
Still 60 minutes on a tape. The new Super Encoder yields twice as many frames, less noise, better color reproduction, and yet it still operates at the same 19.7 Mbps bit rate.

Thanks in advance for any answer you can give![/QUOTE]

Earl Thurston October 10th, 2006 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carl Hicks
As my post says, the Canon lens is not available until December. I would ask your LOCAL JVC Pro dealer to keep you in touch on this.

NB: William was asking about the HTS18X4.2BRM.

Carl Hicks October 10th, 2006 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Earl Thurston
NB: William was asking about the HTS18X4.2BRM.

Correction: Canon KT20x5BKRS (available in December) is what I was referring to.

I have no information on the HTS18X4.2BRM.

Regards, Carl

Jemore Santos October 11th, 2006 02:02 AM

Carl sorry to confuse you but I want to know if there will be PL mount adapters for the older 100/110 series, I'm thinking about using primes on these cameras.

Floris van Eck October 11th, 2006 02:12 AM

Thanks for your anwers Carl! I am in the market for a new camera this year. And the HD200 is definately an option for me. Some questions left.

You mentioned that the HD200 will come with either a stock lens or without a lens so we can choose one yourselves. That would be great, but I suppose the $8000 price is for the bundle and the body-only would be cheaper? If so, it would truly show great flexibility and customer service from JVC!

The HD200 is the same size as the HD250. How does it compare to the HD110. Is it slightly larger/heavier or is it much bigger?

Finally. With the PAL model, I will have 720p/25 and 720p/50. That would mean I can shoot slow-motion sequences right?

Michael Maier October 11th, 2006 04:14 AM

Quote:

Carl sorry to confuse you but I want to know if there will be PL mount adapters for the older 100/110 series, I'm thinking about using primes on these cameras.

Well I’m not Carl, but I know you can use the PL adapter with any ProHD 1/3" camera, so it will work with the HD100 and HD110 as well. But the catch is that the images will be recorded upside down, like when you use a M2 35mm DOF adapter. The HD200 and HD250 have a flip feature to correct that and allow for upright recording.

Michael Maier October 11th, 2006 04:22 AM

Quote:

You mentioned that the HD200 will come with either a stock lens or without a lens so we can choose one yourselves. That would be great, but I suppose the $8000 price is for the bundle and the body-only would be cheaper?

I would guess the $8,000 is for the camera body only. It would be great if I’m wrong, of course.

Quote:

The HD200 is the same size as the HD250. How does it compare to the HD110. Is it slightly larger/heavier or is it much bigger?

The HD250 is only longer in the back, to allow for the extra connectors. It also comes with a pro battery mount, which makes it even longer. So I would guess it’s also heavier, but not by much.
http://pro.jvc.com/prof/attributes/f...l_id=MDL101625

Quote:

Finally. With the PAL model, I will have 720p/25 and 720p/50. That would mean I can shoot slow-motion sequences right?

Yes, that’s correct. But you can already do that with the HD100 using the HDV SD mode 576/50p. There’s a resolution drop naturally, but the slow motion effect is there.

Carl Hicks October 11th, 2006 05:46 AM

Quote:

The PL adaptor will work on ANY JVC ProHD 3 CCD series camera.

In the case of the HD100 / 110, the image will be recorded flipped. So in your post production process, you would flip the image back to normal. Customers are already doing this with other lens adaptors that are on the market.

In the case of the new GY-HD200 or 250, the camera will flip the image for you prior to recording, thus saving time in post.

Regards, Carl