I am planning to buy a GY-HD200/250... what else do I need? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old October 21st, 2006, 10:37 PM   #1
Major Player

I am planning to buy a GY-HD200/250... what else do I need?

I am planning to buy a GY-HD200 or HD-250. But I am not sure which accessoires I am looking at. I have a Manfrotto 351MVB2 Tripod with a Bogen 503 head. I think that it can handle the GY-HD200/250. Please tell me if I am wrong.

The thing I am a bit puzzled about are the batteries. This is a complete new type of battery to me. IDX or Anton Bauer. What type and how many of them am I looking at, and what will be the epexcted costs and usetime (approx).

I am also looking for a bag or a case to carry/transport the camera. And possibily a videolight for on the camera. I want to do the more quick and dirty type of shooting in the beginning. So I won't need a lightning kit and all those things at this moment.

I have Rode NT3 and Rode NTG 2 microphones which I believe will do a good job for my purposes. Again, correct me if I am wrong.

If there's something I forgot, please let me know! I appreciate it.
Floris van Eck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2006, 11:39 PM   #2
Trustee

What will you be shooting?

BTW: There are much better choices than Bogen (Like Miller, Vinten or Sachtler).
Stephen L. Noe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2006, 01:22 AM   #3
Regular Crew

CamRade made a bag for the HD series.

Quote:
Tuesday, July 26, 2005
JVC HD GY 100 camBag and wetSuit available from the end of August
Now available for the JVC GY HD 100: the camBag ( CB Single 2 ) and the wetSuit ( raincover WS GY 100 ).

Both products can be used with a bracket on the back for a larger batterie system.

CB Single 2 - This is a carrying bag with interal protection for the vieuwfinder. This bag has several option to store accessories as light, batteries, tapes etc.

WS GY HD 100 - This raincover is custom made for the GY HD 100, the cover gives you perfect acces to the LCD screen on the side.
Marc Jayson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2006, 03:48 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floris van Eck
The thing I am a bit puzzled about are the batteries. This is a complete new type of battery to me. IDX or Anton Bauer. What type and how many of them am I looking at, and what will be the epexcted costs and usetime (approx).
I went the IDX way. So far very happy with them. Light, works well, durable... you might want to read which battery versions IDX has: http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=68237

I have a 10 battery which can last a whole day of shooting - but shorter when you use the LCD a lot, when you attach a HD that is powered from the IDX or when you use on camera light. Just to be sure I have 2 spare 7s batteries as well. So far never got into trouble.

You might want to check a HD record device.

Kind regards,
Erwin
Erwin Keizer is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems