Where to hang 2 wireless receivers and DTE? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old October 27th, 2006, 12:51 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Where to hang 2 wireless receivers and DTE?

I have the Sennheiser EW100 wireless mics (2 of them) with the hot shoe connector (which is removeable). I am also considering buying the DTE, which also seems to use the hotshoe connector to mount.

On my previous cameras (DSR570, BVW400/600) I had a screw-on A/B plate with heavy duty velcro that attached to the A/B battery bracket. Two Lectro wireless receives would attach to it.

where do people hang this stuff on the HD 110/250? Does the IDX or A/B battery bracket have a wireless mounting plate?

I do a bit of handheld, so it has to be on the camera.

thanks
BT Corwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2006, 01:48 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Here is my setup

Hi BT!
I have bought a frezzi double shoe wheere it either put my to Senheiser receivers or one receiver and my hmi-light.

Here is a link so you can se my setup:

http://homepage.mac.com/dbamedia/PhotoAlbum11.html
www.dba-media.com
Henrik Helms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2006, 01:54 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Forgot one thing

I have also the DTE and have placed velcro on my batteries because I uses the original batteries. It works OK - and you can also see it mounted on the above mentioned link
www.dba-media.com
Henrik Helms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2006, 04:35 PM   #4
Major Player

I dont know how to post individual images from my iMac slideshow, but here are a bunch of pictures on how I mounted mine.

I have the Citidisc 100GB drive, and the AB battery, so I just got creative with a drill and screws one day. Leveled the camera much better than having it on the light shoe.

http://homepage.mac.com/jimandjennifer/PhotoAlbum1.html
Jim Fields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2006, 05:11 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Velcro

From day one, all I've done is apply heavy duty velcro on the packs and on my AB batteries. I have 4 batteries and they all have velcro on them. The packs never fall and the hot shoe is still availble for my frezzi light.

Brian
Brian Chow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2006, 05:38 PM   #6
Major Player

It youre not in a DIY mood...

Both Anton and BEC make the brackets to house wireless units on the JVC Anton Bauer plate adaptor. They also make holders for most wireless mics including the E100s. You'll need a side plate with screws and the holder.

Anton also makes a nice bracket for the Firestore as well as power tap cable that plugs into the plate.
Dave Beaty is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems