JVC DR-HD100 vs FE FS-4Pro - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old November 21st, 2006, 11:01 PM   #16
JVC America

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayk Paul
Can you mount the FS-4 on the camera like the DR-100?
Yes, you just need the right mounting kit. There is one for customers with IDX brackets, and one for customers with Anton Bauer brackets. Consult your JVC Pro reseller.
Old November 22nd, 2006, 05:22 PM   #17
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Hicks
You should consult with JVC tech support in your country to get assistance with the proper set-up.

Regards,

That would be great if there was any. So far the only person I can talk to is the chief engineer at JVC-Hagemeyer, but his exact words were "I'm not very familiar with the DR-HD100" ....

All servicing in Australia is handled by third party.

thanks anyway Carl,

I'll perservere

John
John Mitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2006, 08:02 PM   #18
Contributor

Hi Carl -

I'm following up with JVC in Australia, but apart from the split record function, none of the others are working.

We have the right firmware revision, so I'm wondering this - is there another part of the A upgrade that must be implemented (apart from firmware) for the unit to work correctly?

It does state in the manual that the GY-HD10x must have the "A" revision. While I've had my firmware upgraded, the hardware hasn't been touched.
John Mitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2006, 09:24 PM   #19
JVC America

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Mitchell
Hi Carl -

I'm following up with JVC in Australia, but apart from the split record function, none of the others are working.

We have the right firmware revision, so I'm wondering this - is there another part of the A upgrade that must be implemented (apart from firmware) for the unit to work correctly?

It does state in the manual that the GY-HD10x must have the "A" revision. While I've had my firmware upgraded, the hardware hasn't been touched.
Hi John,

Sorry, I don't know. You'll need to continue to work with JVC tech support there.

Also: have you checked the firmware version of the DR-HD100 to see if it is up to date? Check this website for instructions:

http://www.focusinfo.com/support/downloads.asp#expand
Old December 15th, 2006, 02:19 AM   #20
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Dashwood
Yes and no.

It will capture m2t files exactly the way a program like DVHSCap would. Therefore, any frame rate, inlcuding 720P24 will record as m2t. I haven't actually tested 480P60 or 576P50 yet, but will get around to that.

If you are referring to the real-time quicktime encapsulation for FCP 5, then only 720P30 will work. However, Focus says they are working on 720P24 QT support.

Hi Tim, Have they updated this yet? I only shoot 24p and I REALLY want to buy the DR100, but if I can't shot 24p and edit it in FC5, Its not use =(
Old December 15th, 2006, 03:24 AM   #21
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Duke
Hi Tim, Have they updated this yet? I only shoot 24p and I REALLY want to buy the DR100, but if I can't shot 24p and edit it in FC5, Its not use =(
As far as I know Focus still hasn't released 720P24 quicktime support. m2t support has always been there, but I feel like this product won't really be complete until it can encapsulate HDV 720P24 and 720P25 in Quicktime.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems