DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/)
-   -   HD110 and JVC DH30000u DVHS (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/78770-hd110-jvc-dh30000u-dvhs.html)

Dee Joslin November 2nd, 2006 06:03 PM

HD110 and JVC DH30000u DVHS

I'm new to the HD110. I have been shooting with the HD110 and have been downloading M2T files via firewire through a number of applications. On the Mac side, I have used Lumiere, DVHScap, Virtual DVHS and FCP 5.1.2. The M2T's won't play through DVHS to the DH3000. Nor will the video show with direct firewire from the HD110 to the JVC. None of the M2T's from any application play to the DVHS.

The HV10 m2t's play fine. Am I missing something?

Carl Hicks November 2nd, 2006 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dee Joslin
I'm new to the HD110. I have been shooting with the HD110 and have been downloading M2T files via firewire through a number of applications. On the Mac side, I have used Lumiere, DVHScap, Virtual DVHS and FCP 5.1.2. The M2T's won't play through DVHS to the DH3000. Nor will the video show with direct firewire from the HD110 to the JVC. None of the M2T's from any application play to the DVHS.

The HV10 m2t's play fine. Am I missing something?

Hi Dee,

I think there are two firewire connectors on the DH30000. Be sure that you are using the right one. Also, use the channel up / down buttons to select the appropiate input.

Regards,

Dee Joslin November 3rd, 2006 04:30 AM

Thanks Carl. Actually I use both. The one on the back from the MAC and in front for direct connection. The streams from the HV10 work either way. But the JVC m2ts go to black screen.

Dee Joslin November 3rd, 2006 08:04 AM

Carl, Also is the HD110 usable with the HD Capture utility that originally came with the HD1? I doesn't recognise the HD100 at all.

Dee Joslin November 4th, 2006 09:24 AM

A little puzzling...I just recieved my JVC ProHD DVHS and it works fine with the HD110 and the M2T's that wouldn't work with the HM3000. I can play all other flavors of M2t's through Virtual DVHS to the HM3000 including ones from HD1, HD10, Sony FX-1 and Canon HV10. Only the HD110 M2T's won't play. But with the VD400, they are fine.

Tim Dashwood November 13th, 2006 01:22 PM

Dee,

I wanted to know more about your experiences with D-VHS and ProHD.

I am considering using D-VHS for archive purposes (cloning the tapes.)
It sounds like the HM-DH30000UP doesn't recognize ProHD (720P24/25) but the SR-VD400US does.
I'd like to know if timecode is also transferred and if you can digitize from the D-VHS tape after the clone has been made from the camera.
Also, are the D-VHS decks controllable via firewire?

Dee Joslin November 13th, 2006 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim Dashwood
Dee,

I wanted to know more about your experiences with D-VHS and ProHD.

I am considering using D-VHS for archive purposes (cloning the tapes.)
It sounds like the HM-DH30000UP doesn't recognize ProHD (720P24/25) but the SR-VD400US does.
I'd like to know if timecode is also transferred and if you can digitize from the D-VHS tape after the clone has been made from the camera.
Also, are the D-VHS decks controllable via firewire?

Tim,

The DH3000 will play or record the 720p/30 streams of the HD-1 and HD-10 cameras. It won't play 30p streams from the HD110 or 24p from anything. It could also do 1080i from Sony and Canon cameras.

The VD400 works fine with all HDV streams including the HD110 ProHD 30p material that, inexplicably, won't play on the DH3000.

I can't get an answer from JVC either. Also, the HD Capture utility that came with the HD-1 and 10 won't recognize the HD110.

I'm still researching although with the VD400, problem solved. Even though it was a $750 workflow add on that I didn't expect since I already have the DH3000 and figured it would work with 30p HDV streams from the 110.

The VD400 when connected via firewire to your NLE is, in fact, a controlable deck.

Tim Dashwood December 13th, 2006 12:51 AM

Dee,

I finally got a SR-VD400U. I can plug-in the HD100 via firewire and record an exact clone of the ProHD stream, but I don't get any slaved TC. Do you know if there is a way to slave the TC from the camera, or do DVHS decks always just generate their own?

BTW, this is the best VCR I've ever seen. Loads of inputs and HD! Awesome (for VHS.) I'm just trying to track down some blank DVHS tapes. Ebay seems to be the only place to find them now.

Evan Gardner December 16th, 2006 05:00 PM

D-vhs

Hi Tim, You can use regular S-VHS if you do a slight modification to your deck.
The only difference between D-VHS and S-VHS is they put a hole on the botton of the D-VHS case that the deck looks for. The pin that senses the hole when brocken off alows the deck to record to S-VHS. There are links out there that explain this. I would post one here But, I will have to find it again.
Home theater people have been doing this for some time now. A good site for information on D-VHS and this in particular is the AVS forum.
http://www.avsforum.com/

Evan