Projected Finished Project onto Movie Theater screen at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old November 6th, 2006, 01:00 PM   #1
Trustee

Projected Finished Project onto Movie Theater screen

Last weekend, I took my recently finished project for Tourism Promotion, which was encoded in WMV HD, to my friend's cinema in their mall which had both traditional 35mm film and a digital DLP projector. We transfered the file from the cd i brought to their server and sat in the middle part of the cinema.

I held my breath as I watched my first HD project from the HD100 come alive on screen.

I was so impressed with the camera's performance on the wide screen. The well saturated color, rich blacks and detail in the highlights held well after color correction in EDIUS 4 and Color finesse( for some scenes done in after effects.)

I'll post some of the still frames soon.

The WMV HD file was 1280x720 23.976 Progressive exported straight from timeline using procoder express built in edius. I posted the edius 4 performance on our 3.4 ghz PC on this thread;http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=78670

I used Paulo Ciccone's TC v.3. Many Thanks to you Paulo for sharing this.
Ted Ramasola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2006, 01:57 PM   #2
Trustee

Congratulations! Can you posy any actual video, or would that violate your agreement?

john
evilgeniusentertainment.com
John Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2006, 02:32 PM   #3
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Ramasola
The well saturated color, rich blacks and detail in the highlights held well after color correction in EDIUS 4 and Color finesse( for some scenes done in after effects.)
Did you capture and edit all in Edius? Were there any problems? Would you recommend Edius? Did you tape in 24p originally?

Were there any issues going from Edius to After Effects and back? What codec did you use? Did you use the Canopus uncompressed codec for any of the work?

I encode everything with Procoder 2 and would like an alternative to editing in Liquid. Would you recommend Edius?
Jack Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2006, 12:21 PM   #4
Trustee

Sorry for the delayed reply Jack,

For this project I captured the files in m2t thinking i can do it natively, upon realizing the limitations of m2t's i used procoder to batch convert all my files to HQ files.
I shot most of the footage in 24P and a few which i plan to slo mo in post in 30P.

I edited the 8 minute video entirely in Edius except some of the 3d graphics in 3D max which i composited with texts and animated 2d graphics in After effects.

I use HQ in going to and from After effects. I never used the uncompressed. Just like cineform, HQ will speed up your work your NLE and in After effects.
HQ can be read by premier Pro but Cineform cant be read in Edius.

I would strongly recommend edius for its speed in handling HD using HQ, it is rather low in features in the audio side however.
I used Premier Pro to do the Dolby Digital audio 5.1 surround sound track for our DVD out and for our WMV HD file for projecting in a Dolby Equipped Digital Theater.

Hope this helps you in your decision Jack,

Ted
Ted Ramasola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2006, 12:53 PM   #5
Trustee

Thank you for the information. I have PP2 and AfterEffects and didn't know the HQ codec would work in these.

The HQ examples in the Canopus whitepater look very impressive:
http://www.canopus.com/contentfiles/...paper70b72.pdf
Jack Walker is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems