Zork 35mm lens adapter! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old November 14th, 2006, 01:37 PM   #1
Major Player

Zork 35mm lens adapter!

I just found this on the JVC website:

http://pro.jvc.com/prof/attributes/3...&feature_id=22

I went to www.zoerk.de but couldn't find anymore info.

It's exactly what I've been look for but there is virtually no spec info.

Anyone elso know what the 35mm magnification on this device is?
Justin Ferar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2006, 01:49 PM   #2
Major Player

Those will turn your normal lens into telephotos nothing more.

T
Toenis Liivamaegi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2006, 02:10 PM   #3
Major Player

Toenis,

You mean it will turn 35mm lenses into telephotos?
Justin Ferar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2006, 03:33 PM   #4
Barry Wan Kenobi

That adapter allows you to mount the still camera lenses onto your HD100, but it doesn't look like there's any manner of ground glass reprojection going on. So that would mean a 50mm lens will still be a 50mm lens when mounted on the HD100. For an example of what that looks like, just zoom your current lens to 50mm.

It also wouldn't change the depth of field. A 50mm Nikon lens would deliver the same field of view, and the same depth of field, as your existing lens when it's zoomed to 50mm.
Barry Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2006, 03:48 PM   #5
Major Player

Has anyone used this yet? I have the mini35, and I am wondering what the difference is. I prefer not having another groundglass between my Nikon lenses and HD100. This appears to do the job, but will I get the film look like I do when I shoot with the mini35?

Anyone, please?
Old November 14th, 2006, 04:14 PM   #6
Major Player

Field of view will be completely different.

Even from regular film SLR lens to APS-C sized DSLR there is a field of view crop factor of 1.6x making 17mm ultra wide just a regular 28mm wide.
That`s why wide angle lens designed for Super16 are often 8mm, because the image plane on 16mm is much smaller than on 35mm etc.
Perspective of course will be always the same but 1/3" sensor converted to 36x24mm sized SLR lens will have huge impact on field of view cropping somewhere near to ca 8x. So your 50mm slr lens would be ca 400mm when used on small 1/3" chip camera. Even the widest lens wouldn`t help.

I`ve seen Zoerk 1/3" adaptors and those are just plain flange to focal distance converters nothing more. Don`t believe in miracles, field of view and dof are only acievable via image plane converters like mini35 and the like on small chip cameras.

Cheers,
T
Toenis Liivamaegi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2007, 07:15 PM   #7
Regular Crew

Where do they sell these things? I've looked all over and I can't find one. I called their number in the U.S. but it rang forever.

Any idea where one can buy one...and for what price?

Not even B&H knows about this?
Coco Bermudez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2007, 12:23 AM   #8
Regular Crew

i was thinking...in theory...could you connect Zoerk adapter Nikon to GY-HD100 and then connect a 35mm adapter to the nikon lens? This would make the image upside right

Nikon - 35mm Adapter - Nikon - Zoerk Adapter - GGY-HD100

would kind of look like the LetUs HD100?
Coco Bermudez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2009, 05:08 AM   #9
New Boot

I know these wont change the dof of the camera but would you be able to use better lenses to lessen CA and other imperfections that the stock lens has?
Juan Pablo Ramirez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2009, 06:01 PM   #10
Major Player

Zork & MTF shootout link. It's old and MTF has some new products out that are better. But start with reading from this link. Even some full frame frame grabs of the setup.

JVC GY-HD200 Lens adapter comparison - Zoerk VS MTF

basically if you want to shoot nature from 60mm to 300mm you just can't with a stock lens or any video lens for that matter above 90mm. So the adapter means you can put on a top quality Nikon glass say 80-200mm Nikkor on your JVC body and get great shots in video. MTF has a new adapter that can even give you aperture control over the new lightweight DX lenses by Nikon. Meaning? $220 for a 55-200 4.5 Nikkor that you don't need any support for while it hangs off the front of your JVC. Not bad. The adapter will cost more than the lens in that case.

MTF is direct sales out of England and ship worldwide. I think Zork is the same way out of Germany? At home I have the link to MTF, (I'm at work now) but others here will have it before I get home.
Alex Humphrey is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems