Hard Disk Recorder Advice - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old November 20th, 2006, 02:30 PM   #16

For a while, I was nervous about shooting without tape backup. Things have now become so routine and reliable that I no longer run tape in my camera...it saves transport hours.

..and Carl, yes, these are nice features to have. They're certainly conveniences, however, none of these feature are show stoppers without them. If I didn't already own two FS4's, I'd probably buy the JVC dr-HD100.

Last edited by Bill Ravens; November 20th, 2006 at 05:52 PM.
Bill Ravens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2006, 05:26 PM   #17
Major Player

A tangential question.

I shoot in 25P and have had dreadful problems with the whole FCP capture issue. Will these hard disk recorder devices eliminate that capture problem for 25P? Sorry if this is a basic question but I know little of these devices.

Rob
Robert Castiglione is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2006, 05:55 PM   #18

Rob...

I can't really answer your question, since I run Vegas on a PC. Essentially, "capturing" has already occurred by the time the files get written onto the hard drive. At that point, FCP only needs to be able to recognize the m2t file.
Bill Ravens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2006, 07:10 PM   #19
Major Player

Thanks Bill. Sounds promising. I might start a separate thread on the issue to see if the question can be answered definitively.

Rob
Robert Castiglione is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems