Product Updates For The Jvc? Monitor Question at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old November 16th, 2006, 12:12 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Product Updates For The Jvc? Monitor Question

Any news of when Focus will make the 720p24 a Quicktime file instead of that m2t crap, when FCP supported 720p30, Focus quickly came out with a firmware update, but now that FCp has the update for 24p, Focus is yet to give an update, any news on whether this will be coming anytime soon?

Also, the new FS-4 drives....I have a IDX battery on my JVC which also came with an adapter for the Firestore drive, if i purcahse the FS will it still work with the adapter, the adapter is just a small little thing that attaches to the body of the drive which then attaches to the IDX battery

Lastly, when editing 720p24 footage and not having a monitor to edit from but basically just usuing the computer monitor, what do you run the risk of screwing up? I mean I know you dont see the true colors and all, but thats not a problem because I plan on color corrected in post-house and I'm sure they will be able to look at it on the proper monitor, but other then true resolution of the footage what else do I lose by not having a monitor to look at??

Sorry for the randomness of the 3 questions, I just didn't want to have 3 different posts. Thanks guys.
Hayk Paul is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems