1280x720 (HDV) -> 1080p (HDCAM) at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old November 20th, 2006, 10:56 PM   #1
Regular Crew

1280x720 (HDV) -> 1080p (HDCAM)

I'm curious about the various methods people may have taken in getting their fully edited and rendered project timeline (shot with HD100/110, HDV24p,23.98 sequence, 1280x720, HDV native captured) and uprezzed to 1080p with HDCAM masters as final stop. This will become particularly common as HDV projects will need this bump to HDCAM as this seems to be a film fest requirement, so my guess is there will be a streamlined method in due time. In any event, would love to hear any experiences people have had at this stage in the game. Miranda HD Bridge, Convergent Design, AJA Kona? Many Thanks.
Old November 20th, 2006, 11:01 PM   #2
Wrangler

Both Decklink cards and Kona cards will do real-time up-resses to 1080i. I've done it once on my Decklink card myself. Just work off of the 720p timeline and away you go.

Other than that, I'm not sure what to say about it!

[I take that back, I also did another HD100 output to HDCAM as well at Matchframe in Burbank. Their rig had a Kona 2 in it]

Last edited by Nate Weaver; November 20th, 2006 at 11:37 PM.
Nate Weaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2006, 11:02 PM   #3
Major Player

I haven't done this exact conversion yet, but when I do convert video I usually just lay the final project in a new FCP timeline, put the motion filtering to best and let it render or render out a new movie. I would use Compressor's advanced format conversions, but I've seen strange color shifts and poor results from it as a whole for this type of work. Not familiar with the hardware solutions you mentioned... I'd be interested to know more.
Chad Terpstra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2006, 11:30 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Delivery medium?

What delivery medium are you using, taylor and what are most festivals requesting?

thanks

aloha,

Keith

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems