DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/)
-   -   Mounting Brackets for wireless mic receiver and DR-HD100 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/80326-mounting-brackets-wireless-mic-receiver-dr-hd100.html)

Carl Hicks November 24th, 2006 08:42 PM

Mounting Brackets for wireless mic receiver and DR-HD100

Hello,

Many of you have asked about mounting brackets for the rear of your cameras that can accomodate the DR-HD100 hard drive, and a wireless mic receiver. I'm happy to announce that JVC Pro is now offering four kits that fulfill this need. Each kit includes an accessory bracket that attaches to the battery bracket, and a power-tap cable that allows the hard drive to be powered from the main camera battery. The bracket has room for a wireless receiver on the side, and the hard drive in the back. The kit item numbers are as follows:

For the GY-HD100 / 110, with an Anton Bauer battery bracket - Item #AB-FSKIT1

For the GY-HD100 / 110, with an IDX battery bracket - Item #HWR-HD100KIT

For the GY-HD200 / 250, with an Anton Bauer battery bracket - Item #AB-FSKIT2

For the GY-HD200 / 250, with an IDX battery bracket - Item #HWR-HD250KIT

This is the information I have for JVC Pro in the U.S. I do not know if it applies to other countries. Please check with your local JVC Pro reseller for pricing and availability.

Jiri Bakala November 25th, 2006 07:58 AM

Great! Any pictures?

Carl Hicks November 25th, 2006 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jiri Bakala
Great! Any pictures?

The GY-HD110U color brochure has a picture of the what the Anton Bauer bracket looks like on the HD100 or HD110 cameras. The picture is from the left side, so you can't see the wireless mounting surface, bit it's there, on the right side. See this link, and then open the brochure, and look at page 3:

http://pro.jvc.com/prof/attributes/c...&feature_id=12

It will look about the same on the GY-HD200 or HD250

I don't know of pictures yet with the IDX kit.

Jason Royals May 2nd, 2007 04:37 PM

Bracket Easily Removable?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carl Hicks (Post 579376)
The GY-HD110U color brochure has a picture of the what the Anton Bauer bracket looks like on the HD100 or HD110 cameras. The picture is from the left side, so you can't see the wireless mounting surface, bit it's there, on the right side. See this link, and then open the brochure, and look at page 3:

http://pro.jvc.com/prof/attributes/c...&feature_id=12

It will look about the same on the GY-HD200 or HD250

I don't know of pictures yet with the IDX kit.

Carl,

How easily can the bracket be popped on and off of the camera? We have some cameras that will use the DR-HD100, and others that won't, but we would like to go ahead and mount the bracket on all cameras. If the shooter chooses not to use the DR-HD100, we would like them to be able to remove it.

Thanks,

Jason Royals
Air Force News Agency
San Antonio, TX

Carl Hicks May 2nd, 2007 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason Royals (Post 671636)
Carl,

How easily can the bracket be popped on and off of the camera? We have some cameras that will use the DR-HD100, and others that won't, but we would like to go ahead and mount the bracket on all cameras. If the shooter chooses not to use the DR-HD100, we would like them to be able to remove it.

Thanks,

Jason Royals
Air Force News Agency
San Antonio, TX

Very easy to remove HDD bracket - just two thumb screws.

Regards,

Jason Royals May 14th, 2007 08:18 AM

Thanks Carl.

Jason Royals May 14th, 2007 02:21 PM

One More Question for You on this HDD Bracket...

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Carl Hicks (Post 671732)
Very easy to remove HDD bracket - just two thumb screws.

Regards,

Okay, this'll actually be one more question, just asked three different ways:

Does this HWRHD100KIT replace the IDX A-LWR bracket, or work with it? Is your bracket U-shaped, or L-shaped?

In other words, what do the thumb screws work with, the JVC bracket, or the IDX bracket?

The picture attached shows the part I'm wondering if you supply with this part.

Thanks,

Jason

James Fortier June 6th, 2007 10:42 PM

What about Bracket for Wireless Receiver ONly

What if I only want a bracket for a Senneheiser Wireless Receiver and not for a the Firestore Drive?

Scott Keyworth June 7th, 2007 01:24 PM

James,

On the HD-200/250 You will need two pieces 1) the ABWMK-Kit and the JVC BP from A/B.

Scott Keyworth

Marc Colemont June 8th, 2007 07:40 AM

I would love to see some pictures first of the brackets.
Is there a list price available yet?

James Fortier June 10th, 2007 05:36 PM

HD-200 Anton Bauer w/wireless receiver bracket

The HD-200 ships with an Anton Bauer battery plate already attached to the HD-200 body, I do not see any way to remove the back chasis of the camera where the AB plate is in order to slide a Senneheiser wireless receiver bracket into place.

Marc Jayson June 11th, 2007 08:11 AM

Here are some pics of my HD-251 with a Sennheiser wireless receiver. I'm using the IDX bracket.