DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/)
-   -   Alternative hardshell camera case (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/80466-alternative-hardshell-camera-case.html)

Shawn Kessler November 27th, 2006 09:19 AM

jvc case

hay jack!
you might wanna consider this case I kid you not i paid 45 dollars
for it hard case unbelieve for the price works awsome. I had to modify one wall just a little but nothing major. what the hell the jvc is 500 buck still cant
believe i found this case. Ill try to find the web site again if your interested.

shawn

Shawn Kessler November 27th, 2006 09:22 AM

jvc case

2 Attachment(s)
ok the pic didnt upload ill try again

shawn

Chris Hurd November 27th, 2006 10:11 AM

Split from CB-100 thread.

Stephan Ahonen November 27th, 2006 07:38 PM

Looks like the camera could easily bang around in there a bit in transit, I would definitely not trust that to an airport baggage handler, not like I'd trust the snugger fitting foam of the "official" case. Not having separate compartments for various components also severely decreases the utility, it might carry the camera but with any camera comes a ton of accessories. It might be only $45, but you get what you pay for.

Werner Wesp November 28th, 2006 01:49 AM

That can rather easily be solved with some DIY foam. I'm more put off by the fact you need to remove the viewfinder every time... The CB seems quite large on the outside, so this case will fit easier in the trunk of a car (if you choose to have all engine and limited cargo trunk like me).

Shawn Kessler November 28th, 2006 03:12 AM

bang around

accually stephan
I didnt show it but the reason why the foam was taken out.
was so i could alow for the 120 hytron battery to fit as well. The only thing
that has to be removed from the camera is the veiw finder. Other than that
it fits great. And yes i think i will put a thinner piece of foam on the one
side. you still cannot beat that price for a hard case.
shawn

Steve Oakley November 28th, 2006 09:02 PM

I'm using a pelican 1650 case I had kicking around - cost $250. its got the built in wheels, and holds the camera fine - even with the wireless bracket installed permentantly on the camera. there is enough space to keep batteries and accessories . one thing I did do was change out the dopey straight XLR connector on the mic for a right angle one pointing up. that saves a lot of space. my only complaint is that you need to cut the foam so there is almost no pressure on the viewfinder. its very easy to bend the flimsy internal peice of metal that keeps it together. I've bent it three times so far in normal handling... and I'm pretty gentle on gear. I'm ready to fab a new bracket from some aluminum blocks I have around.

Steve Oakley

Steve Oakley November 28th, 2006 09:02 PM

I'm using a pelican 1650 case I had kicking around - cost $250. its got the built in wheels, and holds the camera fine - even with the wireless bracket installed permentantly on the camera. there is enough space to keep batteries and accessories . one thing I did do was change out the dopey straight XLR connector on the mic for a right angle one pointing up. that saves a lot of space. my only complaint is that you need to cut the foam so there is almost no pressure on the viewfinder. its very easy to bend the flimsy internal peice of metal that keeps it together. I've bent it three times so far in normal handling... and I'm pretty gentle on gear. I'm ready to fab a new bracket from some aluminum blocks I have around.

Steve Oakley