DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/)
-   -   BRHD50 having difficulty with large DV Tapes (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/80972-brhd50-having-difficulty-large-dv-tapes.html)

Mark Silva December 4th, 2006 07:00 PM

BRHD50 having difficulty with large DV Tapes

I'm running into an unusual issue here.

I have 6, 90 minutes betasp tapes that a client needs dubbed over to DV tapes.

I did dub the first 4 with no problem. These are the large sony DVCAM 94 tapes.

Well, the last two will not go.

I go to dub them and between the 9 and 14 minute mark it just stops recording. If I hit record again it starts then stops. I hit record yet again, then it records, for another 4-8 minutes then it stops again.

I'm on my 4th brand new dvcam tape now and its STILL doing it.

I have to have these done by tomorow at the latest.
Fast forwarding the tapes all the way to the end then rewinding them does not change anything.

Any insight on what the problem could be Carl or anybody else?

Eric Darling December 4th, 2006 07:08 PM

The only normal thing I can think of that would interrupt the record roll would be if the deck was switched to remote and connected to another device via either RS-422 or FireWire, and that device was taking control.

Also, you may want to check that you have the latest firmware installed. I'm not sure if any menu settings would affect record format, but check them for sure.

Mark Silva December 5th, 2006 11:03 AM

thanks for the suggestions.

The deck is only connected via s-video and audio cables and power. nothing else and the deck recieved the latest firmware to my knowledge.

How do you check the firmware version?

Eric Darling December 5th, 2006 11:45 AM

Check out this thread.

Mark Silva December 5th, 2006 12:40 PM

UPDATE:

It is firmware 106 as I suspected.

It seems its not the Large DVCam type tapes that are the issue.

I just tried a minidv (JVCPRO-HD) tape and it stopped as well.

Why is my deck all of a sudden stopping randomly everytime i try an make a DV recording??

I'm now late delivering the last 2 dubs to my client and thats not good.

Johnnie Behiri December 5th, 2006 01:14 PM

message deletted

Mark Silva December 5th, 2006 01:16 PM

no, it has nothing to do with firewire.

I'm dubbing from BetaSP deck to JVC BRHD50.

Simply crash recording to DV format tape.

A very simple task that shouldn't have any issues at all.

I already dubbed 4 tapes (over 5 hours long total) and now it just stops randomly and I have to hit record again.

Eric Darling December 5th, 2006 02:02 PM

I'm afraid you have a service issue on your hands. I had to send mine in awhile back - see this thread for a summary. I had to jump through some hoops to locate the right service contact info., but Carl helped a lot.

Mark Silva December 5th, 2006 03:29 PM

Carl I would like confirmation from you that this is indeed a service issue before we proceed.

By the way, the 1-800 number posted at the top of the forum is not very good at all.

It's busy half the time you dial and everytime it answers it disconnects you before the voice system finishes explaining how to connect to the departments.

I've called 15 times now since this morning and have not been able to get to the service department because it hangs up on me.

Someone needs to fix that ASAP