DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/)
-   -   HD251E is here (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/81237-hd251e-here.html)

Heather Cook December 8th, 2006 01:46 AM

HD251E is here

Hello all that HD251E has just been unpacked an assembled. I don't know whether its my excitement or what but I cannot get a signal out of the Sdi port. Have run through all the setup and checked the manual but it refuses to give me a signal. I have checked the monitor and cable with other Sdi sources and have no problems. So what is the secret. Please tell.

Thanks Heather

Antony Michael Wilson December 8th, 2006 02:44 AM

I've never used this camera but my guess is that it's simply a question of settings and the monitor you are using: Make sure the SDI output is set in the menus to a standard that your monitor can read. For example, if your camera is set to a HD SDI variant, you won't see anything on a monitor that only accepts SD SDI. If your monitor does accept HD SDI, you need to be sure it can read the variant the camera is set to output and that the monitor can auto-detect SDI type. If not, you'll have to set both the monitor and the camera accordingly.

Heather Cook December 9th, 2006 06:41 PM

Hi Antony, it is simply a menu option, I hadn't drilled down far enough to find it. It works well.

Thanks, Heather

Adam Letch December 10th, 2006 08:00 PM

footage

Hi Heather,

would love to see footage out of this baby when you can if possible, in SDI capture and HDV. Also using some of the scene files like panamatch or True Colour 3, I believe you can't simply use the SD card to import the profile, but can still manually enter them in.

I eagerly await mine next year, and would love to see the possibilities with the SDI output. Anyway, hope your enjoying your new toy, and all before Christmas and all!

Cheers

Adam

Daniel Patton December 10th, 2006 08:33 PM

Heather,

If you don't mind trying something for me when you get a chance... try capturing SDI into Premiere Pro 24P as uncompressed 8bit. Be sure to set the camera to 24P as well. Let me know if this works for you.

I had some issues doing this in Premiere Pro on XP, the footage playback was off. But when I booted into the Mac OS on the same system and did the same thing (24P 8bit uncompressed) it worked fine, and looked stunning. This was all done on a Mac Pro dual booting and I am trying to find out if it was a PPro issue alone or more the issue of Windows XP & PPro running on the Mac.

Maybe this can give Adam something to look at as well. It would be much appreciated!!

Heather Cook December 18th, 2006 08:13 AM

Hello all, sorry for late reply. We have been very busy. The picture out of the camera is better than I would have hoped for, so very happy. I will post some HD footage but I'll need some help with settings etc.

So far we are capturing SD PAL out via Sdi. I have noticed that when a fast pan is filmed it goes soft and fuzzy. I'm sure that must be a setup thing. We film everything at 50P so perhaps 60P might fix that.

More soon, Heather

Bankim Jain December 18th, 2006 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heather Cook
Hello all, sorry for late reply. We have been very busy. The picture out of the camera is better than I would have hoped for, so very happy. I will post some HD footage but I'll need some help with settings etc.

So far we are capturing SD PAL out via Sdi. I have noticed that when a fast pan is filmed it goes soft and fuzzy. I'm sure that must be a setup thing. We film everything at 50P so perhaps 60P might fix that.

More soon, Heather

Hi Cook, Wouldnt 60p equivalant to NTSC (30frames or say 60p fields) if you desire PAL may be 50p is the way. correct me if me wrong somewhere. i would lokve to learn more on 251E as I am too willing to buy few of these as we are not willing to conti nue with the heavy 450s we have.

Heather Cook December 19th, 2006 05:24 AM

Hello all, any suggestions on why I get soft vision on a pan? I have checked the original vision on a Panasonic BT-LH1700WE via HD SDi and it is soft. Its a pan of a show room using only their fluorescent lights, not sure if that would make a difference.

Also where do I get the settings for True Colour 3?

Thanks, Heather

Justin Ferar December 19th, 2006 12:38 PM

Heather,

Regarding the softness- are you shooting at 50p, 60p or something else?

Paolo Ciccone December 19th, 2006 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heather Cook
Also where do I get the settings for True Colour 3?

Heather, the TrueColor 3 configuration can be found at my web site http://www.paolociccone.com
Keep in mind that that configuration was made for the HD100 and it will not be accurate for the HD250. The two cameras are similar but the 250 has a 14-bit processor while the HD100 has 12-bit model. Chances are that the colors will not fall in the right spots with the HD250. I'll be designing an HD250 of TrueColor at the beginning of January, after the Holidays.

Adam Letch December 19th, 2006 06:02 PM

motion blur

does the HD251 have the motion smoothing feature of the HD111? Maybe you need to turn it off?

Tyson Perkins December 20th, 2006 04:08 AM

Im using the HD200 and have tried to use your excellent true colour calibration - although it just doesnt seem as good - cannot wait for your update in jan.

Paolo Ciccone December 20th, 2006 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyson Perkins
Im using the HD200 and have tried to use your excellent true colour calibration - although it just doesnt seem as good - cannot wait for your update in jan.

Yes, I talked with JVC about this and the HD200 reacts differently to the parameters. I'm not surprised at all, the 200 and 250 are supposed to be more sophisticated than the HD100. Because of the Holiday season I can't do it now but, after the first week of january I should be able to get a HD200 and give it the "TrueColor" treatment :)