Can't see HD100 anymore after I changed Firewire HDV settings - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old December 12th, 2006, 09:54 PM   #16
Regular Crew

Doesn't warranty cover it?
Rati Oneli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2006, 10:11 PM   #17
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rati Oneli
Doesn't warranty cover it?
We fried the FW connection on a SONY XDCAM deck last year and Sony repaired it under warranty - with a warning that the next time it will cost $$$.

Yes, I think JVC shoud cover it under warranty because if the FW port gets damaged as a result of toggling a front panel switch of the deck, in my opinion, it's fault by design. Hot-swapping cables is another story. How can anyone tell which way it happened? Nobody can, of course. That's just the way it is. JVC (and SONY for that matter) need to change the design and add a circut breaker so that this problem doesn't happen again with future models.
Old December 12th, 2006, 10:14 PM   #18
Regular Crew

phew, I hope they do :)

What I did is that I tried to insert the cable upside down (was really tired from the shoot and didn't think straight). It didn't fit in the first try so I pushed it bit more, till I realized that it was the wrong way.

By the way, its the camcorder not the deck
Rati Oneli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2006, 10:39 AM   #19
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiri Bakala
We fried the FW connection on a SONY XDCAM deck last year and Sony repaired it under warranty - with a warning that the next time it will cost $$$.

Yes, I think JVC shoud cover it under warranty because if the FW port gets damaged as a result of toggling a front panel switch of the deck, in my opinion, it's fault by design. Hot-swapping cables is another story. How can anyone tell which way it happened? Nobody can, of course. That's just the way it is. JVC (and SONY for that matter) need to change the design and add a circut breaker so that this problem doesn't happen again with future models.
Its funny that I never realized that switching the hdv/dv switch could fry the fw. I wonder how I missed that.

I can't believe they didn't install some kind of breaker or relay.

OH well, at least I know now and thank god, this process has never screwed up my jvc.
Jonathan Nelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2006, 11:22 AM   #20
Regular Crew

Does anyone know if the warranty on the camcorder is renewable?
Rati Oneli is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems