HD200 overcrank.. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old December 13th, 2006, 11:23 PM   #1
Inner Circle

HD200 overcrank..

just curious about this function.. does it work like the HVX?

I really loved the original release of this cam, the only thing which marred it was the glass, but im now rethinking my options with HDV..

anyone know much about the new features?
Peter Jefferson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2006, 05:27 AM   #2
Major Player

It works for 50 and 60P. You need to conform it in your editing app though since it gets recorded as 50 or 60 not at your desired frame rate.
Steve Benner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2006, 07:13 AM   #3
Major Player

Doing the "conform" in edit - how is this accomplished, say in a FCP 24p timeline? The HDV playback in the field on the final effect is a pretty awesome experience I have to admit. I wonder if this could be integrated into the JVC, or possibly it is not as easy playing off tape as from flash.

How about intervalometer functionality on the JVC? Can it record single discret frames to tape (aka HDV). This is also an awesome "film" experience - and the HDV plays back these timelapses immediately too.

Mind you, although I've been a DP with the HDV, I've been an evangilist for the JVC from the start. It really suits my ergonomics for day to day shooting MUCH more.
Sean Adair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2006, 08:03 AM   #4
Inner Circle

Sean are u refering to the HVX?
Peter Jefferson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2006, 08:30 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Adair
Doing the "conform" in edit - how is this accomplished, say in a FCP 24p timeline? The HDV playback in the field on the final effect is a pretty awesome experience I have to admit. I wonder if this could be integrated into the JVC, or possibly it is not as easy playing off tape as from flash.

How about intervalometer functionality on the JVC? Can it record single discret frames to tape (aka HDV). This is also an awesome "film" experience - and the HDV plays back these timelapses immediately too.

Mind you, although I've been a DP with the HDV, I've been an evangilist for the JVC from the start. It really suits my ergonomics for day to day shooting MUCH more.

- You have to use Cinema tools to conform the frame rate.
- The HD200/250 doesn't have time lapse but you can do time lapse when you use the DR-HD100.
Marc Jayson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2006, 09:11 AM   #6
Major Player

Time lapse on the DR-HD100 does not work in HD.

Also, you cannot playback the 50/60 in the field as 24. You need to use Cinema Tools if you are an FCP user as stated above.
Steve Benner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2006, 06:29 AM   #7
Inner Circle

im a windows user.. so no mac for me..

u answered my q re- 24/25fps playback on recorded 50p.. bummer..

hmm.. edius could probably do it.. and considering Sony have also bought out a simialr feature for the V1 we might see some more NLE support for frame rates moving away from their native recordings..

heres hoping
Peter Jefferson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems