DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/)
-   -   Waiting (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/83480-waiting.html)

Adam Grunseth January 9th, 2007 12:57 PM

Waiting

I recently ordered a JVC HD110 from my local dealer, they did not have any in stock, so I have to wait. It has already been one week, and they are telling me it may be another week or two yet before the camera gets in. They tell me it will be slightly longer before the IDX battery kit gets in, and the HD100 hard drive recorder is on backorder and they have no idea when it will be here.

In March I have a shoot that I need it for, I hope that it is here by then, otherwise I might be forced to go with the HVX200 or the Canon. How long did you guys have to wait for your cameras?

Bill Ravens January 9th, 2007 01:15 PM

mail ordered mine and it was here in a week. got a pretty good price from a reputable mail order house.
besides which, finding a professional dealership in New Mexico is like finding a macdonalds on Mars.

Tim Dashwood January 9th, 2007 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Ravens
...finding a professional dealership in New Mexico is like finding a macdonalds on Mars.

Although I'm sure McDonalds will be the first one to set up shop once we colonize Mars!

Bill Ravens January 10th, 2007 08:16 AM

In-and-Out Burger is the only way to go!!

Mark Silva January 10th, 2007 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Ravens
In-and-Out Burger is the only way to go!!

I wish they'd bring them up here in northwest.

grilled onions and cheese on mine!

If your waiting and they can't give you a timetable, take your business elsewhere. B & H is a great place to buy it online. They have them in stock.

Jonathan Nelson January 10th, 2007 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Silva
I wish they'd bring them up here in northwest.

grilled onions and cheese on mine!

If your waiting and they can't give you a timetable, take your business elsewhere. B & H is a great place to buy it online. They have them in stock.

Hell yeah, in-n-out is the bomb! I hate their monster sign though. In a small town like mine, something like that becomes an eye sore.

B&H is an excellent place to buy your jvc. I bought both of mine there and they were very prompt with the order. I have probably spent 25k at b&h alone on all my production equipment and I have only had a couple rma's but they had no problem replacing the merchandise. They are also a sponsor of this forum.

There is probably better/smaller dealers out there that will give you more support but I just find it way more convenient to order from b&h. The job just gets done and I don't have to talk to anyone.

I remember those old bait-n-switchers that I always had to talk to after completing an order. What a waste of time that was.

Adam Grunseth January 10th, 2007 03:46 PM

I usually get my stuff through B & H as well. However, this camera is expensive enough that I wanted to be able to check it out before I bought it. Also the place I am buying it from also is an authorized service center incase I have any problems. They were honest with me up front that it would take a while, I am just impatient. And they did tell me that if it is not here by my next shoot, they have a camera they rent out that they will let me use free of charge.