Tape Error! - Page 2 at DVinfo.net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old February 27th, 2007, 02:10 PM   #16
Major Player
Originally Posted by Carl Martin
Tim, I use this tape always, and never experienced drop-out Panasonic AY-DVM63AMQ. What do you think of this tape?
I am not Tim but I have used the Panasonic tapes a lot in the first 6 months of the camera ownership. I found that I couldn't export back to tape without dropouts. Then I started to look more closely at the footage and found more and more dropouts. A switch to Sony premium HDV tapes did the trick, no more problems at all. Of course, it is a good idea to clean the heads between tape brands - which answers the cleaning question. Yes, it is okay to clean the heads, in fact, it is sometimes necessary. Always follow the cleaning instructions.
Jiri Bakala is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

Professional Video
(800) 833-4801
Portland, OR

Omega Broadcast
(512) 251-7778
Austin, TX

(973) 335-4460
Mountain Lakes, NJ

Abel Cine Tech
(888) 700-4416
N.Y. NY & L.A. CA

(800) 238-8480
Glendale, CA

Precision Camera
(800) 677-1023
Austin, TX

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems