Hello. Has anyone had this HD110u problem? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old January 28th, 2007, 07:08 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Hello. Has anyone had this HD110u problem?

Greetings! I'm new to the forum.

Twice I've noticed the the LCD and the viewfinder (in color mode) suddenly turn monochromatic with strange glowing blue lines outlining the contours of the image. Then it just goes back to normal color after a few minutes. I don't think It's being recorded this way...but like I said it happens to both the LCD and the viewfinder. My new hd110 has only about 5 hours on the drum.

Has anyone seen this problem? Thanks in advance.
Jon Springer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2007, 07:38 PM   #2
Major Player

Jon,

You are inadvertently engaging the focus assist feature. This feature was introduced with the 100.
Eric Darling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2007, 07:50 PM   #3
Regular Crew

cool...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Darling
Jon,

You are inadvertently engaging the focus assist feature. This feature was introduced with the 100.
Ah...yes...thank you. Excellent. Looks like the camera's problem was >my< problem. BTW is there a general list somewhere on this forum that itemized all known (real) problems with these cameras?
Jon Springer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2007, 09:03 PM   #4
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Springer
Looks like the camera's problem was >my< problem.
Operator Error, always the easiest one to fix:)

Going through these threads, doesn't seem there's any "real" problems with the hd100/110, other than what can happen with any camera (for ex. fried fw-circuits etc). Dead pixels have caused most headache for me (also a thing with any cam), so that would be my advice to check out before capturing something precious.
Juha Werkkala is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems