Question for those of you using the HD100/110 & FS-4 Firestore at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old January 29th, 2007, 10:59 PM   #1
Major Player

Question for those of you using the HD100/110 & FS-4 Firestore

I was wondering how many of you out there are using the JVC HD100/110 and the FS-4HD / Pro / DR-HD100 Firestore units and recording to .m2t files.

What NLE are you using to edit? Do you have gaps between clips, or any other related issues? I'm interested to know what others are using to edit their .m2t files successfully. Thanks
Kit Hannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2007, 12:29 PM   #2
Major Player

I am using Grass Valley Edius Pro 4 to edit and am not having any issues whatsover. I should note thought that I have been very unhappy with previous versions of Edius (which I use for my day job).

I used to use Adobe's suite of video products for my own projects, but I found they became a little sluggish and unstable for longer form edits. So far I have been quite pleased with Edius 4, I found myself doing extremely complex color correction and compositing in real time, my system didn't seem to slow down at all, and I was able to play back all these effects in full resolution with no rendering whatsover.... Adobe would have made me sit and wait to render even doing the same thing in SD.
Adam Grunseth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2007, 02:04 PM   #3
Major Player

DR-HD100 + PPro 2.0 with Cineform Codec.
Make sure to have the latest firmware in your camera to be able to set the 'Other -> BackSpace HDV' setting to 'P-1394', and you will be free of broken clips.
Marc Colemont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2007, 04:19 PM   #4
Major Player

My HD-110's are 3 weeks old. They have the latest firmware and the backspace is set to 1394. Still have gaps.
Kit Hannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2007, 04:43 AM   #5
Major Player

Have you tried to play the files from another application like VLC for example?
Marc Colemont is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems