Vformat correction? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old February 6th, 2007, 12:13 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Vformat correction?

Does anybody know if the Fujinon or Canon lenses for these cameras offer the Vformat correction feature? It's basically a switch that allows you to shoot in 4x3 without losing any of the width of the lens. B+H's website lists it as a feature of the 18x4.2 Fujinon lens, but Fujinon's website doesn't list it. I called somebody at B+H a few minutes ago, and he got a Fujinon tech on the phone who didn't know. The tech is calling him back in a few hours, and I'm calling the B+H rep to see what he found out. Does anybody have these lenses that could tell me if the feature is for real or not?
Nick Kesler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2007, 11:08 PM   #2
Major Player

Vformat is usually built into the extender turret. I wouldn't count on a lens having Vformat unless it at least has a zoom extender.
Stephan Ahonen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2007, 08:38 AM   #3
Regular Crew

That's what I thought. I didn't see it in any of the pictures, but I thought I'd ask to be sure. I'll see what the Fujinon techs say today. Thanks
Nick Kesler is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems