New Short with HD100/Mini35 - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old February 9th, 2007, 05:09 PM   #16
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Duke
T
All in all, I think humor is very selective and difficult to accomplish, especially trying to satisfy everyone.

Duke
Humor for some reason is never appreciated. Something about humor when it works seems effortless. I personally think making people laugh is harder than scaring someone or even creating dramatic tension. Humor is the hardest thing to bottle and the easiest thing to dismiss.

Regarding chest hair, yeah, I guess I could see people thinking that would be funny--it is funny in the sense that the kid is way too young to being wearing a sweater like that.

About the imperfections of skin etc, thing for me is, that girl is funny but also a bit of a hottie. To that end, in order to indulge all my chauvinistic, piggish, neanderthal impulses, I would have liked her looks and sexuality pushed to the absolute limit. But I'm one of the lowest common denominator types who always wants sex, violence or laughter.

Of course, I offer all my opinions as just that--opinions, take it all with a grain of salt. Last time I checked, my name wasn't on the invite list for the academy awards. Still checking the mailbox though...
Brian Luce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2007, 05:22 PM   #17
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Luce
About the imperfections of skin etc, thing for me is, that girl is funny but also a bit of a hottie. To that end, in order to indulge all my chauvinistic, piggish, neanderthal impulses, I would have liked her looks and sexuality pushed to the absolute limit. But I'm one of the lowest common denominator types who always wants sex, violence or laughter.

Of course, I offer all my opinions as just that--opinions, take it all with a grain of salt. Last time I checked, my name wasn't on the invite list for the academy awards. Still checking the mailbox though...
I thought we sent you an invite? You didn't get it? =) Anyway, I agree 100% on you with humor, couldn't have said it better myself. She was sort of a hottie, huh. Hehe. I had bad experience with my last make-up artist, so with this one, I didn't think we needed one. One of the mistakes you make I wish I could have taken back. I have a list of 100 things I would have done differently, but I decided rather than trashing this, I should make it as good as possible and learn from it. Plus I owe the talent a good little short to hopefully advance their careers.

I am just retouching a few things, then I will repost the latest version and hopefully submit to some festivals.
Old February 12th, 2007, 11:17 PM   #18
Major Player

I added a better link to youtube, since the other one was removed and updated. That should solve the issue for people who have problems watching the clips on my website.

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=SuperbadDuke

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems