HD100 New Calibration with ChromaDuMonde DSC chart - Page 3 at DVinfo.net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old December 6th, 2007, 04:17 AM   #31
Major Player
I compared my HD100E with HD251E next to each other yesterday.
My HD100 is now confirmed leaning a bit towards more RED.
It also showed on the white balance. I corrected the Color Matrix of the HD100, and have now 2 exact comparable camera's.

The HD251E seems to be also is a 1/2 to a 1 stop more sensitive (both have the 16x5.5 Lens ) :-)
Marc Colemont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2007, 08:02 AM   #32
Major Player
Thanks, Paolo. I'll give it another crack when I have some time. But I'd love to see you tackle it 'cause I'm nearly spent on the problem.

John, no t-shirts allowed-Unless they happen to be wearing one made by Gretag Macbeth... But actually I've also been using one of their WB cards for another project and not only is it a different color by eye than the DSC one, it seems to producer much more pale results. -Where skintone gets pinkish and "neutral" seems to look cold. Maybe sometime I'll compare the two side-by-side.

The one thing I do find curious is that the DSC WB card looks warmer (more yellow) by eye than a sheet of paper (or a T-shirt). One would expect to get a colder WB from this (since "warm cards" are blue) but it's actually the opposite effect. Things liven up. I'd be interested to hear why that is the case.
Chad Terpstra
Chad Terpstra is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

Professional Video
(800) 833-4801
Portland, OR

Omega Broadcast
(512) 251-7778
Austin, TX

(973) 335-4460
Mountain Lakes, NJ

Abel Cine Tech
(888) 700-4416
N.Y. NY & L.A. CA

(800) 238-8480
Glendale, CA

Precision Camera
(800) 677-1023
Austin, TX

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems