red eye wide angle adapter for hd100 - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old February 19th, 2007, 02:35 PM   #16
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Davies-Patrick
Maybe you used the old (and now discontinued) Aspheric .5X SD version Red Eye?(that does have plenty of CA).

If all 'garbage' produced such stunning DV footage as my .7X FX HDV version Red Eye does, then I'd probably spend more time rooting in the dustbin...
Nope, it's the HDV version. But don't go rooting in the bin, it's just my opinion. The original post was asking for opinions. I gave mine, I think it's a piece of garbage. It will never find its way on to my camera again. But what do I know? I've only been making movies for 22 years.
Liam Hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2007, 03:37 PM   #17
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam Hall
Nope, it's the HDV version. But don't go rooting in the bin, it's just my opinion. The original post was asking for opinions. I gave mine, I think it's a piece of garbage. It will never find its way on to my camera again. But what do I know? I've only been making movies for 22 years.
Do I detect a note of sarcasm? Heheheh. Just curious, since you don't use the redeye, which one DO you use and like?
Brian Luce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2007, 05:31 PM   #18
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Luce
Do I detect a note of sarcasm? Heheheh. Just curious, since you don't use the redeye, which one DO you use and like?
Guilty as charged. No offense intended.

Seriously, I've used three methods to get decent wide angles since I bought this camera 15 months ago: Firstly, I rent the TH13x3.5BRMU. Secondly, I shoot on a different camera (preferably one that takes primes). Lastly, and this is the one I usually do, I move a long way back.

I've never been a big fan of lens attachments; they can get you out of jam - I just don't like the pay-off in terms of optics. However, I'm considering getting an M2, as I've got a lot of old Nikon glass around the house.

Cheers,

Liam.
Old February 19th, 2007, 06:06 PM   #19
Trustee

Quote:
...But what do I know? I've only been making movies for 22 years.
That's why I'm still rooting through your garbage to see if you've thrown any other good chunks of glass out over the past few decades...(only kidding Liam, and I of course respect your opinion and choice of optics - so please don't bite too hard...).

I actually think that all the DV zoom lenses that I've so far tried are garbage compared to my large bag of Nikkors...but beggers can't be choosers in the DV world (unless you've got a bulging wallet).
Old February 19th, 2007, 08:38 PM   #20
Major Player

Quote:
I rent the TH13x3.5BRMU.
Can you tell me where you hire this from, as I've searched far and wide for a rental house in the UK?
Paul Jefferies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2007, 03:09 AM   #21
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Jefferies
Can you tell me where you hire this from, as I've searched far and wide for a rental house in the UK?
Try either VMI or Prokit. You'll have to ask as it's not on their websites.
You might also ring Proactive or Production Gear.
I don't know why this is such an elusive product - the first time I hired it no one seemed to know it even existed.
Old February 20th, 2007, 03:36 AM   #22
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Jefferies
For purchase:

http://www.pricescan.com/item.asp?ca...&itemno=837722

Some DVi chat:

http://dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=62388

Rentals:

http://www.abelcine.com/store/produc...roductid=11031

Lease ($444 a month over 12-mths):

http://www.vistek.ca/details/details...deoLensControl

As you've mentioned, the wide lens seems to be a difficult item to find in UK, Canada etc, so I don't think many are for rent. Maybe Calumet UK are the best bet, although even they don't seem to have that lens in stock.
Proactive in UK have them in stock, so maybe its worth asking if they also have rental for this lens:
http://www.proav.co.uk/index.php?cPath=265_346_347

Last edited by Tony Davies-Patrick; February 20th, 2007 at 04:01 PM.
Tony Davies-Patrick is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems