DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/)
-   -   Anyone from JVC? Please Help! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/87076-anyone-jvc-please-help.html)

Adam Grunseth February 20th, 2007 08:03 PM

Anyone from JVC? Please Help!

I am still having a terrible time trying to get my IDX battery kit that was supposed to come free with the HD110. I purchased from an authorized dealer back in December... it says right on my invoice "JVCHD110u with Free IDX Battery Package". However, I still have not recieved the IDX Battery package! I have been calling my dealer every other day... my dealer is telling me that the JVC purchasing department keeps giving them a run around and sayng they'll look into it, but never calls my dealer back. I called JVC's customer service, and they told me I should continue to work through my dealer.

March is rapidly approaching, and I have wedding videos in March that I need this battery kit for. I have maxed out my budget and can't afford to go buy one. I figured since I ordered in December that would give plenty of time for the battery kit to arrive, but I guess I was wrong. Is there anyone here who can suggest anything else I can do to help move this process forward faster? Is there anyone from JVC who frequents these forums who can help? I have tried to be patient but this is getting ridiculus.

Heath McKnight February 20th, 2007 08:17 PM

That's odd that JVC told you to go through the dealer, but try talking to them and see what happens. If nothing, go back to JVC and tell them what's up.

Heath

Kit Hannah February 20th, 2007 08:19 PM

Did you call the regional sales manager of the area you purchased it in? Call them, email them, and keep doing it until the IDX kit is in your hands. Where did you buy the package from?

Adam Grunseth February 20th, 2007 08:53 PM

I have not contacted the regional sales manager, I have only spoken with JVC customer service and my dealer.

My dealer is Professiona Video & Tape in Beaverton Oregon. Overall though I have been happy with them, except for this incident regarding the IDX batter kit. However, I do believe they are quite frustrated with how long this is taking as well.

Carl Hicks February 20th, 2007 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam Grunseth
I have not contacted the regional sales manager, I have only spoken with JVC customer service and my dealer.

My dealer is Professiona Video & Tape in Beaverton Oregon. Overall though I have been happy with them, except for this incident regarding the IDX batter kit. However, I do believe they are quite frustrated with how long this is taking as well.

Hi Adam,

During December, IDX kits were delivered to authorized dealers who qualified for the promo, at least that was the case with my dealers. I will e-mail you off-line with the contact info for the JVC Rep that covers Oregon. You need to contact him and get him involved.

Regards,

Chris Gonzaleza February 21st, 2007 01:19 AM

Quote:

Thats the same place i got my HD110, and im getting the same response as you. I got mine in Jan. I keep in touch with my regional sales manager and he is telling me that he is constantly playing phone tag with JVC and never giving him a straight answer. which i find kinda odd..

Adam Grunseth February 21st, 2007 02:33 AM

Hey Chris,

Just curious... who is your sales guy?

Carl Hicks February 21st, 2007 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Gonzaleza
Thats the same place i got my HD110, and im getting the same response as you. I got mine in Jan. I keep in touch with my regional sales manager and he is telling me that he is constantly playing phone tag with JVC and never giving him a straight answer. which i find kinda odd..

Chris,

This sounds strange. Let's make sure you are talking to the right person. Please send me a private e-mail with the name and phone # of the person that you are talking to. Email address is carlh at jvc dot com.

Thanks,

Adam Grunseth February 21st, 2007 12:35 PM

Carl,

You said you were going to e-mail me that contact information but I never got it. My e-mail address is tvguy@comcast.net

Heath McKnight February 21st, 2007 12:44 PM

Adam,

Looks like he wanted you to email him--did you get a chance?

heath

Adam Grunseth February 21st, 2007 01:42 PM

Good News!

After speaking with JVC customer service and explaining the situation with the dealer, and after being transfered to a couple different departments I finally spoke with the west coast sales office.

They explained to me that for whatever reason forms from this dealer were lost durring processing, but the form had been re-submitted. According to the lady on the phone the IDX batter kit shipped from NJ yesterday and the dealer should be recieving it in a few days.

Carl Hicks February 21st, 2007 11:21 PM

Quote:

Carl,

You said you were going to e-mail me that contact information but I never got it. My e-mail address is tvguy@comcast.net

Hi Adam,

I did e-mail you the contact infor for your rep. thru the forum's e-mail system. I don't know why you did not get it. I will send it again to your personal e-mail.

I'm glad to hear that you got some positive news today about the IDX package.

FYI for all reading this: It's easy to find the name and contact info for your JVC rep. (in the U.S. that is) Just follow these steps:

1. Go to our pro website: www.jvc.com/pro
2. Pull up the page for the product in question, for example, the GY-HD110U.
3. On the left side of this page, click on the "Contacts and Dealers" link.
4. Enter the zip code for your dealer. (Or enter your zip code if you are looking for an authorized dealer)
5. The JVC sales rep and sales engineer that services that zip code will be shown.

Chris Gonzaleza February 22nd, 2007 06:39 PM

Quote:

Hey Chris,

Just curious... who is your sales guy?

Eric at professional video and tape located in Tigard Oregon.. I havent heard from him in a couple of days. I have meet him in person when i picked up my camera....

Adam Grunseth February 23rd, 2007 12:38 PM

Hi Chris,

Eric is my sales guy too. He is pretty honest, I actually went to school with him.

For anyone who may have been following my saga in trying to get my IDX batter kit, it looks like things are finally straightened out. Both JVC and the dealer are taking steps to ensure that I recieve it by tommorrow. Although I am sorry I had to wait so long for the battery kit, I am glad that both JVC and the dealer are admitting that it has taken way too long and worked hard to correct the problem and are doing their best to get it to me as soon as possible.